According to 'Sports by Brooks', Urban Meyer is new....

This does not seem bad at all considering what happend.

Alabama had a BOOSTER (not the school, plus they didnt lie about it) pay a kid to come play there (even that is disputed, he sued and got money if I am not mistaken) and got a TWO year bowl ban, five years probation, plus a loss of scholarships. In comparison to what happened at both schools, yall got off good.

It happened, Ohio State got punished (maybe even lightly) and they will be back eventually. Deal with it.

Ok, and have they been looked into yet ...
I'm not sure if this is a question or a comment.

Just because I mentioned them they are not suppose to be real ?
I'm sure you're an honest guy, but I would like to see some corroboration from some legitimate media source before I get excited about it.

They all get off ?
Not sure what you're getting at here. Was any school recently investigated by the NCAA and not punished at all?? Is that what you mean by "get off"?? If you think a school should have been investigated, and wasn't, that probably means there wasn't enough evidence to go forward...

I'm not sure if this is a question or a comment.

I'm sure you're an honest guy, but I would like to see some corroboration from some legitimate media source before I get excited about it.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Was any school recently investigated by the NCAA and not punished at all?? Is that what you mean by "get off"?? If you think a school should have been investigated, and wasn't, that probably means there wasn't enough evidence to go forward...

Not what I was getting at, but OK.

There are a LOT of schools that have NCAA infractions SINCE the Buckeyes, have they been looked into as of yet, you asked for info, I gave you the one on SC that JUST broke.

Theres the Miami situation that has apparently blown over, Salsa said nothing substantial was found, which leads us to POOR reporting by the crime unit of Yahoo and others that seem to think that they are the Police and government now.

Theres the Auburn situation that the NCAA swept under the rug so they had the MNC team intact.

ya see, IF the NCAA wants to bad enough, they would be able to find stuff from just about ANY school , they choose to go hard after some and not so after others.
That and the fact that they have a NEW guy in charge at the NCAA I'm sure has something to do with alot of this.

Jimbo said:
Theres the Auburn situation that the NCAA swept under the rug so they had the MNC team intact.

Please oh please show me a link or anything that Auburn did anything wrong.
Auburn was cleared of any wrong doing.

It's too late to pull this years Bowl game.

Also, this isn't what you were saying when it happened.

Nope not too late and they could yank it at any time... 1 year is lame should be at least 3 years including this years bowl game but from what happened to be honest it should have started last year but noooo the Liars got their way.

Once the NCAA begins an investigation we can start another thread about those schools. Until then, they'll just be allegations brought up by fans like you, attempts to deflect attention away from the topic at hand.

I'm not deflecting anything, I've been talking about the Bucks and the NCAA all day ....
I'm the one that originally posted it, I have been posting Buckeye info for the last few weeks now.

BTW, so far, none of the Recruits have decided to leave, the MAJOR ones have stated they WILL sign with the Bucks.

Please oh please show me a link or anything that Auburn did anything wrong.
Auburn was cleared of any wrong doing.

Just because they were cleared doesn't mean they did nothing wrong. They were just good at hiding or not creating a paper trail.

What is consistent about what violations schools have been found guilty of?? How could the punishments the NCAA hands down be consistent if the violations aren't??

while that may be true you'll still hear a lot of folks saying the same thing. i tend to agree but i do see your point. for example in the case of USC the punishment was more severe. but one of the biggest reasons why is that more people knew what was going on. in OSU's case it was basically the head coach.

at the end of it all i just don't see the punishment that bad when you consider USC which i believe lost 30 scholarships. compared to 9 its not so bad. perhaps the worse is the bowl ban.

rey_1178 said:
at the end of it all i just don't see the punishment that bad when you consider USC which i believe lost 30 scholarships. compared to 9 its not so bad. perhaps the worse is the bowl ban.

Also, USC was not very cooperative in the investigation ...while tOSU has been from day one.

JAG72 said:
Just because they were cleared doesn't mean they did nothing wrong. They were just good at hiding or not creating a paper trail.

Ha. I guess you can say this if it makes you feel better. Auburn was under a microscope during this whole time. Had nothing to hide. Now if you are talking about Mississippi St........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts