According to 'Sports by Brooks', Urban Meyer is new....

Now wouldn't you like to see them do the self imposed bowl ban as I suggested a month ago? Lose the 6-6 trip to the Gator bowl instead of what would be coming next year. Doesn't surprise me one bit that they received the 1 year bowl ban.

I agreed with this when you said it, and I agree again.

Overall it doesn't seem that bad to me. Could have been a lot worse.

Sandra

According to Sports by Brooks, IF Ohio State HAD not allowed those 5 players to play in the Sugar Bowl, they would have gotten off ALOT easier.

And.... They also stated that their main witness/person with the most information refused to come forward against tOSU...and IF would have come forward, it would have been MUCH worse.

Jimbo said:
Theres a long list of them that the NCAA is just getting started with.

Is the Miami stuff already over ?
It was much worse than the Bucks, they had players sit out and that was about it as far as I recall.

South Carolina has stuff happening.

They never did do anything to Auburn .

Then theres the Penn State issue that may or may not have anything NCAA wise going on.

Remember, it is what can be proved and what is reported.

In the Miami cases, Frank Haith(head basketball coach) and DeQaun Jones(best baketball player) were the main reason of the investigation with Shapiro because he reported that Haith was present when he gave him the money.

Guess what, DeQuan...was re-instated by the NCAA today. Does this mean the NCAA now believes after investigating, there was no foundation to that and other reported stories?!

I agree and NEXT year.. need to pull this years bowl game cause some of those players are still there, why punish those that are not even at the school yet but then again 1 year isn't enough.

This is far worse than what happened with USC... OSU got off damn lucky but doesn't seem fair to me to do next years bowl game and not this years...pure lame!

It's too late to pull this years Bowl game.

Also, this isn't what you were saying when it happened.

Don't forget that this is 9 scholarships total over three years. They did not say how many would be given up in any one year. They could just have 3 per year over the next three years or all 9 of them next year. I don't think that part was announced.

As I stated after that post that I found out that it was over 3 years, originally it looked like 9 each year.

According to Sports by Brooks, IF Ohio State HAD not allowed those 5 players to play in the Sugar Bowl, they would have gotten off ALOT easier.

And.... They also stated that their main witness/person with the most information refused to come forward against tOSU...and IF would have come forward, it would have been MUCH worse.

I also read that if the second allegations come out (Possey and Harren, work related) then they would NOT have had a Bowl Ban.

You keep on harping that others allegedly did worse and seem to be getting away with it...

Heres one:

South Carolina Gamecocks: NCAA's Next Scandal?

-by Braden Gall (@AthlonBraden on twitter)

The nationwide NCAA violations tour has added a new date in Columbia, South Carolina: The South Carolina Gamecocks.

USC, North Carolina, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Miami and now the South Carolina Gamecocks have caught the ire of the NCAA infractions committee after two years of potential violations.

Steve Spurrier and the Gamecocks received the official NCAA notice of allegations Monday afternoon regarding its college football, basketball and track/field programs.

The NCAA claims that at least 12 student-athletes (10 football and two track) received just under $47,000 in benefits from the local Whitney hotel. The impermissible reduced rent supposedly included special provision for nine players to pay back the money at a later date. Two football players are reported to have paid the dramatically reduced rate ($14.59 versus $57) for over 400 days. The report indicates that the 10 football players spent a total of 1,717 days/nights at the hotel.

The Whitney Hotel’s general manager, Jamie Blevins, is a South Carolina booster.

The NCAA notice also claims that representatives of the University of South Carolina had illegal contact with potential recruits, including extra benefits. Delaware-based Student Athlete Management Foundation (SAM) – run by two South Carolina grads President Steve Gordon and treasurer Kevin Lahn – is reported to have provided $8,000 worth of benefits to prospective student-athletes. The disobedience is reported to have taken place between the spring of 2009 and February of 2011. These benefits include a boat cruise for nearly 50 football players, entertainment costs, meals, lodging and unofficial trips to campus.

Sharrif Floyd of Florida and Carolina’s Damiere Byrd have both already been served suspenions and repaid monies stemming from relationships with SAM.

It might be a total coincidence that these “impermissible” benefits took place during a period of extraordinary Gamecock recruiting. If you simply extrapolate and speculate, this period of time would heavily involve the two recruiting cycles in which the South Carolina Gamecocks signed the No. 1 player in the nation in the 2011 class, Jadeveon Clowney, and the No. 5 player in the nation from the 2010 class – and current NCAA rushing leader – Marcus Lattimore.

"We have and will continue to cooperate fully with the NCAA in all aspects of their review," said South Carolina athletics director Eric Hyman said in his official statement. "Any pertinent information from the NCAA that can help us strengthen our athletics program will be used as an opportunity to make positive change."

Both issues are considered “potential major violations,” and South Carolina has 90 days to respond to the NCAA notice of allegations before eventually appearing before the infractions committee.

It may only be just the beginning and it may not be as bad as it sounds, but with the way college football has been soaked in scandal for the last 18-24 months, it’s has to be tough for Gamecock fans not to be nervous.

Miami's is ongoing,

And again, until those and any allegations are investigated, they are nothing BUT that...allegations.

To me Jimbo, it seems that you are assuming every that is reported is based on fact...

I knew that in the Miami case, that the burden of proof was not on Miami, but on Shapiro. IF a 1/4 of the allegations were true, ESPECIALLY the allegations against the former basketball coach and DeQuan Jones...they could throw the "lack of institutional control" on Miami athletics as a whole. The NCAA suspended Jones indefinately. Simple fact that he has suddenly been reinstated tells me there is a very good possibility that they found no evidence or not true.

So the sensational Yahoo story has had little bite to all the barking so far.

And again, until those and any allegations are investigated, they are nothing BUT that...allegations.

To me Jimbo, it seems that you are assuming every that is reported is based on fact...

I knew that in the Miami case, that the burden of proof was not on Miami, but on Shapiro. IF a 1/4 of the allegations were true, ESPECIALLY the allegations against the former basketball coach and DeQuan Jones...they could throw the "lack of institutional control" on Miami athletics as a whole. The NCAA suspended Jones indefinately. Simple fact that he has suddenly been reinstated tells me there is a very good possibility that they found no evidence or not true.

So the sensational Yahoo story has had little bite to all the barking so far.

What, YAHOO, the one that tries to bring down anyone that they can, is WRONG ?

Did they ever come out and admit thier accusations were incorrect ?

Jimbo said:

Nope...no sports media type reporting agency would ever admit they are wrong IF they bank their reputation on a story...regardless of who reported.....like Yahoo did.

Once the NCAA begins an investigation we can start another thread about those schools. Until then, they'll just be allegations brought up by fans like you, attempts to deflect attention away from the topic at hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)