Accuweather starts AUG 1. Better than Weathernation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did a hotel yesterday and we put accuweather in the lineup.

I refuse to watch any weather channel or forecast.

I used to religiously watch the weather channel when I was in grade school to see if school was going to be cancelled.

Weather was never right, so I stopped watching.

As far as I’m concerned I do what I want to do and pay no attention to any weather forecasts.

Reactions: Annie61
I'm with Claude. My new pet peeve is the weather folks on TV telling us how many millions of Americans are "at risk" of being hot, cold, wet or blown around to hype up the potential impact to gain more eyes and ears.

Local news is almost unwatchable these days around here as they devote 5-7 minutes of a 22 minute broadcast to weather. The stations here have to fill up almost 10 hours of air time every day across all of their early morning, afternoon, evening and bed time broadcasts. Weather is a cheap time filler. At least Weathernation is a minimalist approach to go to when you dont have a smartphone handy.

Reactions: Annie61
They should of kept Weather Nation and took off Weather Channel since they never show Weather only shows tell them to take a hike unless they start showing Weather 24/7 365 imo

Reactions: Pere845 and Jimbo
Weather Underground was bought by The Weather Channel in 2012 and ruined forever.

Subsequently the technical part (wunderground and Web, data collection and analysis, etc) was sold to IBM with the TV portion remaining as Weather Channel and owned by some media company.

I have a network of weather stations feeding them and as of today, IBM has screwed up Wunderground and it's data even more than Weather Channel did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts