Acquiring Guide Data on New HR24-200 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the responses. It's on the roof and it's been raining all day. A little sketchy to climb up there yoday. I'll see what I can see with my binoculars. I can't see any writing but I could see there is only one "node". I cannot see how many cables come directly off of the lnb as its all in the metal tube. However, at the bottom there is only one line coming down.

I have tried many different setups. Need some help.

If just one wire coming from a slimline dish than it is a SWM setup. You likely need to add the power inserter and not have a BBC. Also ensure receiver is hooked in the jack that says SWM, only one of the two is correct for SWM.

You may have had it working before without a power inserter, but it shouldn't be done, usually won't work, and isn't reliable. In a SWM with no PI the receiver is powering the LNB, and it does not put out enough power to power a SWM LNB, thus the power inserter. A traditional multiswitch setup is powered by the receiver thus no PI. If you had a SWM setup working with no PI it was luck, and was likely taxing the receiver more than is ideal.

Like I mentioned earlier, it may be a legacy setup that had a receiver, so no need for more than one cable. Gdubs97, you really need to determine if it's a swm lnb or not before you proceed.

I guess ill have to climb up. On the roof. I looked with binoculars and I couldn't see anything but a metal tube. How will I be able to tell if it's swm lnb?

It's not unheard of to have a legacy LNB wired with only one line coming down if only one receiver is connected. I'm still suspicious that there was no b band before. The model number would be best.

OP another way that might help us is possibly the color of the sticker, does it look light greenish or blue?

Possibly he already has SWM and the power inserter is unplugged somewhere and he doesn't realize it.....

There are no swim inverters that we're very here. The lab reads SL3PIG-P. I have a b band connected in the house if needed. The original setup here did not have one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 186
So you have a non swm lnb and will need the b band converter. You will be able to use only one tuner in the dvr. Make sure to go into the settings menu and change the dvr to single tuner mode.

The picture is indeed a SWM LNB.

You should have a power inserter somewhere. Small black box with a green light and coax connected.

It's possible it was working without a power inserter but not likely and it would have worked sporadically.

If you have traced the whole coax and can't find a power inserter you will need to order one from somewhere. It's the 21 volt version.

So you have a non swm lnb and will need the b band converter. You will be able to use only one tuner in the dvr. Make sure to go into the settings menu and change the dvr to single tuner mode.
SL3SPIG-P "Built in Multi-Switch with 1 Output" is SWM just an older one.

Hmmm. I will try with the swm inverter if my brother let's me borrow his. It definitely does not have one now. If it did it would have picked it up when I went through the set up right? The setup said it was not swm. Or was that only because there was not a swm inverter???

On another note, I think all the other settings are off as well. Is there anyone here that's interested in jumping on the phone with me? I just feel this is a daunting task here. I randomly went to the satellite signal readings and all zeros came up. I moved one up and got some numbers to Pop up.

That's because there was no power inserter.

If you put it on Slimline 3 non swm that may get some numbers because it is sending some voltage to the LNB but it's not enough to make it work properly.

Any local stores I can buy an inverter? March madness is not the same watching on the computer.

Any local stores I can buy an inverter? March madness is not the same watching on the computer.
That is definitely a swm lnb, its a very old one, one of the originals before they went to green labels. Should work fine though, but you will need a power inserter, I don't know of anywhere you could pick one up locally.... may check craigslist.

They are around $10 on amazon. You need the 21 volt model.
Amazon product ASIN B001YHBYXA
If the setup was working before I would follow the entire length of the cable just to make sure one isn't installed already but unplugged.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts