acquring sat signal on hd

I too have lost signals from Anik F-2 which carries most if not all the HD channels so have others in my part of Mexico. Gosh I sure hate watching everything in SD. I'm a snowbird and have been able to watch Star Choice now Shaw Direct when out of Canada since Feb 21, 2001 when then Anik F-1 went active. I sure hope this is a temporary outage.

I just noticed, that it says I'm in or near Seattle. Well not all of the time. When the sun's out, I'm on Vancouver Island when I am up North, and when its cold out, I'm along the shores of Lake Chapala, Mexico, just south of Guadalajara Mexico, where I've had the ability to pick up then Star Choice since Feb 21, 2001 (Then Anik F-1) and DirecTV since I gave up DISH USA for about 2 years.

I use the 75 E (26.5 by 36,5 inch) elliptical dish for Shaw and a 2.4 meter (about 8 Ft) dish for DirecTV with 3 LNBs for satellites at 101 degrees West and one 1.8 degrees to the West at 102.8 and one East by 1.8 degrees at 99.2 degrees W.

Why two systems? Well part or my share of the expenses for the cottage up north is paying for Shaw Direct and for only $5.95 US plus tax per month I rent an additional receiver for my DirecTV account in my Seattle Condo that I use here in Mexico

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts