Activating a new receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
LOL okay. :) Not possible or possible? I am assuming the latter, the CSR may give me a hard time.

Thanks

Typo, forgot to take the 'not' out, had something else there and changed it.

You'll be fine. They should not deny you, sorry if I gave too strong of an impression that they would, I just did not want to give a 100% to something I simply can't, imo you won't have a single issue.

trellaine,
You'll be fine.
When I originally signed up for D*, I had everything set up, and a picture on 101 (as it should be).
I called D* and told them I'd like to turn on service (and I was a new sub at the time).
The lady I spoke with said that it was not possible for me to do that, that they needed to have someone out.
I told her again, she found it hard to believe that anyone could do that without a D* tech.
Once I convinced her that I had a picture and signal in the 90's she turned it on.

Sometimes they don't understand, but other times they are great to deal with.
Give them a call when you are ready, you'll be fine ...:)

Jimbo

trellaine,
You'll be fine.
When I originally signed up for D*, I had everything set up, and a picture on 101 (as it should be).
I called D* and told them I'd like to turn on service (and I was a new sub at the time).
The lady I spoke with said that it was not possible for me to do that, that they needed to have someone out.
I told her again, she found it hard to believe that anyone could do that without a D* tech.
Once I convinced her that I had a picture and signal in the 90's she turned it on.

Sometimes they don't understand, but other times they are great to deal with.
Give them a call when you are ready, you'll be fine ...:)

Jimbo

Hmmm we will see :) There is a slight hitch that may occur or that I can see happening. As you probably know I am moving from Vancouver BC/Canada to the US, Blaine WA. Thus I will not have a US credit card which is fine according to Directv. I can use my Cdn credit. Secondly, of course I won't have the Social security number, granted this isn't necessary but I will pay $200 I believe and subsequently get $5 each month apparently. This according to the website anyways. LOL

Thanks again for all the responses. :)

The last CSR I talked to could not believe I setup a HR20 by myself (already had dish and other receivers active). I told her I hooked up a couple of cables, plugged it in, and turned it on...installation complete! :)

They make the installation of a HR20 seem like you're building a heart bypass machine. I had to wait FOUR months to get mine "professionally' installed because I wasn't allowed yet I ran all the lines, installed the dish, etc. The installer was here less than 20 minutes!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)