HR10-250 on regular tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magicofdisney

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Tomorrowland
We'll be moving in a couple of weeks and we're set up to get the new HDDVR (HR20). We're currently using an HR10-250 (TIVO style) and we want to move that to our bedroom where we have a non-HD TV. Is it possible to use this unit on that TV if we just change the setting to 480i? If so, is it also possible to add an OTA antenna and watch those channels in 480i? Any info is appreciated.

The HR10 will work exactly the same way it does now when you put it in your bedroom-it will just output 480i if you set the output to do that. You will have to maintain DVR service on that unit and keep it active, however, or it will stop tuning locals if you leave it connected when D* removes the card and unit number. And, even if you disconnect before D* deactivates it, you will not get programming info on it.

So, provided that the card stays active, you are good to go. Don't forget to change your settings if you make any changes to the number of satellite lines you hook up.

The good thing is that you will still get programming on HD only channels with separate programming like UHD and Discovery HD, but it will output in 480 in a sort of squished mode, probably.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Activating a new receiver?

Dish Network Dish to receive Directv?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)