Active button on remote

What do you think of the ACTIVE button on the remote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Need to add something to the effect of: no opinion one way or the other because it works as expected. So in the mean time I voted LOVE IT

"I LOVE IT" because when it is pressed, it does as advertised. I get to see a radar map of current weather. I can get a more accurate map on the computer, but it's TV, what do you expect?

Hate it, loads too slow and had no real content. The weather is out dated, radar is not animated.

I rather when you push it it went to the Call ID screen or something. Maybe we should just make it so everyone can map it to there own channel or screen.

I had to press it after reading this, because I'm not even sure what it's for. I have to admit, I still don't know what it's for...

Clicked on Love it, just because I like the concept. I would like it to keep my current channel playing though, instead of whatever content they are pushing at the time. More features wouldn't hurt either, though I'm not sure what could be added.

my opinion ...its for people to lazy to go get the news paper..the morbidly obese...?!?!my other opinion a button on the remote i try really hard to avoid during customer education cause it takes forever!!!..."whats the active button do?".... ummmm....later, lets go over the dvr again shall we?

It's ok....but I hate that right now they are playing channel 115. I have to mute it because wrestling stinks and they are playing some preview constantly.

Does anyone know how to change the channel that previews in the lower left side of the screen?

Last edited:
I have not messed with it in about a month but I remember it being very slow loading. Also, if I was to tune one of the programs in the bottom right box, current popular programs or something, it would always tune to the program in SD.

Let's say you tuned to a show that happened to be on the Discovery Channel by selecting the show in that "popular" box by highlighting it and pressing "select". It would tune to that program but it was in SD. It even had the networks SD channel logo in the info bar. If you manually entered the channel number it went to the HD feed like it should have in the first place. I thought that was kinda strange since the HD and SD channel numbers were the same, it just chose to display the SD version.

I just started using again. I agree that it is very slow to load. One reason that I used it before, then stopped, is that everytime that there is a new firmware release you have to reprogram the Active options. In the past not worth the effort to have to keep reprogramming it, now maybe...

Status
Please reply by conversation.