Activision Blizzard may consider stopping PS3/PSP support

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Gizmodo - The Biggest Game Publisher Threatens to Ditch PS3/PSP - activision blizzard

I'm getting concerned about Sony; the PlayStation 3 is losing a bit of momentum and they don't make it easy for me to support the platform. It's expensive to develop for the console, and the Wii and the Xbox are just selling better. Games generate a better return on invested capital on the Xbox than on the PlayStation...When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support [PS3 and PSP].

Won't happen... but that would be quite the blow to Sony if it somehow did. The article states Activision Blizzard paid Sony $500m in royalties and fees last year.

Thoughts?

I think its all Stupid, They are making money on the ps3...and at last count didnt 360 have 28 million units while sony had 21 million? sorry I am not buying any of this at all.

It's not just number of consoles out there, it's ROI... so the tools still aren't available to make it comparable to a development cycle on the 360 (making development/porting more expensive) and high licensing fees are an issue apparently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)