actually thinking of leaving dish due to there lack of hd

lime4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
Got the 811 back in Feb of 04 that was a going on.Really wanted to watch the game in hd well dish said sorry try using a ota to grab the signal.Well my area it's impossible to grab any over the air signals at all.Told dish i was considering going back to cable cause my cable company is offering a decent deal for a hd pvr with no upfront costs to me.Also looked at direct tv hd setup i'll have to spend a little money for direct tv but they claim i would be able to get all the major networks in hd due to the new laws and my location.Told the dish csr this was told from dish that i could upgrade to the 921 for almost $600.00.I was like you gotta be kinding me.I see no new hd channels on the horizon plus when dish goes to mpeg4 later this year the ird probably will be useless.Told the dish csr well my one year commitment is up with dish so i don't have to stay with dish anymore.The csr actually had the nerve to say if u think u can do better some where else then please do so....To top it all off then she asked if i would like to take dish up on there offer for a new 921 receiver for $549.00

you would not be the first to leave dish network due to lack of hd. i did the same and am enjoying the super bowl in hd via cable.

dish has no interest in adding hd until the end of the year. they have no interest in adding local in hd. they want to down rez them. cable or directv is the way to go if hd is what you want.

I hope E and D get it together soon cause they are my only choice since my cable looks like something from the 50s.
Unsure about D at this point, since they announced creating their own dvr units and keeping Tivo an option, until they figure out they are only being used for advertisement purposes, and also getting into HD Dvr units for the first time should prove to be entertaining if not anything else. Also their anouncment to offer 1500 channels in HD by years end, now thats entertainment at it's best.

I'm currently with E but I have no commitment. Going to wait and see what brews up in the next year.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)