Actuator for BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texasclaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Texarkana, TX
My BUD is locked on one place and will not move. What is the correct wiring (a red wire. a black wire and a white wire) for a Motorola 450i's actuator?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

texas claw

most actuators need 4 wires, the solid red and black are your motor wires (m1&m2)
but you should have a pulse and a ground wire.

Wires

I have two bigger wires for the M1-2 panel and then the one with white, black and red inside for the actuator panel. This has been this way since 1994 when the dish was installed.

I keep getting the error message that "dish may be at its limit, check actuator wires".

Help!

Any diagrams would help.

do you have the cover off the connections on the motor? look for obvious damage or rust / corrosion at the jack terminals, note which wire are connected where on the terminal strip. If the connections are ok then I would suspect the cable is damaged between the receiver and the jack, or the sensor itself has given out. If it is a 14 year old reed switch in the sensor - - - the chances of it failing are over 80%. If it is optical, 14 years of dust and insect collecting may be a problem.
Hope that gives more ideas / insight - at least for someone who has done BUD work since I have.
POP

Model of Actuator

The actuator is a Super Jack (Venture-V81074-319827). There does not appear to be any rust when the cover is off. The Jack arm appears to be extended more than usual. When I look inside I see a red, black and a white wire (Small), but the white wire appears to be not connected or maybe grounded in the back where I can't see it.

Do you know exactly where the wires go on this model. I tried to check the wires and when I replaced them the label I put on is faded so I don't know where they go.

Help!

if its over extended then it will move just a click or two before erroring out.
if it is over extended then you would need to help the dish back west usually you can achive this with one person at the dish lifting on the east side and another person on the inside telling the dish mover to go west ( this might take several tries).

i suspect with all the reading i've done, is only two small wires should be connected.
red should be sensor (pulse) and black should be ground

Up and Running again!

Thanks for the input. My repair person put another reed sensor on and I am up and running again. He says I am lucky it was not the wires. Will look for here help the next time.

You were right about the two wires. When it was hooked up 14 years ago they used all 3 wires on the receiver end, but only 2 on the Jack end.:mad:

Take Care

glad you got it fixed

those sensors are what i'm working on now
some you can find for a couple of dollars each others you can find for close to $30 each
i bought a set of insides to the sensor ( the guts) 10 for $6.50 hoping to repair a couple of bad ones and to test with ... so once you know how to install them yourself its a lot cheaper than having a repairman out to fix the problem....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts