Actuator questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChinookWA

Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
Chinook, WA
Hi all...I work in the catv industry where motor driven antennas are not common. I am installing a 36" actuator on a small test dish and have an old MTI 2800A controller available.

Question: do I need to hook up the reed switch wires? I don't have any position indicator on this MTI2800A control box so I didn't see the point. And I assume the motor drive has interal travel limit switches if I hold the button too long. For aim peaking, I plan to use a Skyvision 'Sky Peaker Trio'. Am I correct that all I should need are the motor wires?

Q2. Does anyone happen to have a hookup listing for an MTI2800A? It has 10 terminals labeled 1-10. By voltmeter testing I have determined that the 36v motor connects to 9 and 10, and the polor motor connects to 3 and 4. Is anyone able to complete the connection list below? I am especially interested in 5, 6, and 7.
1 (unlabeled)
2 (unlabeled)
3 pol+ (12v motor-+)
4 pol- (12v motor+-)
5 violet
6 blue
7 green
8 shield
9 orange (36v motor-+)
10 red (36v motor+-)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts