Actuators

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Who's selling actuators at a decent price these days? I'm considering buying another Venture but there's a 3 week lead time. Not to mention I'm ticked off that their mail server sent me an e-mail but I can't reply because their RBL setup is treating my e-mail as spam and bounces the e-mail that I send to them. And, yes, I called them only to get their voice mail and still haven't received a phone call.

I got their e-mail this morning with pricing so I assumed that there is someone there.

If I could afford to have a spare laying around for a few years, I'd buy 2 actuators. Of course, the spare would probably be out of warranty by the time the in-service unit fails and the spare might be bad. Having to wait 3 weeks for a new actuator would be a real pain though.

Near as I can tell Von Weise doesn't manufacture actuators for satellite antennas. I suppose I could call them after the holidays and see if they do special jobs.

If I could afford to have a spare laying around for a few years, I'd buy 2 actuators. Of course, the spare would probably be out of warranty by the time the in-service unit fails and the spare might be bad. Having to wait 3 weeks for a new actuator would be a real pain though.

Near as I can tell Von Weise doesn't manufacture actuators for satellite antennas. I suppose I could call them after the holidays and see if they do special jobs.
I talked to Venture in Dayton, OH last July.

In my opinion, avoid the Superjack brand or OEM branded units. The brushes are a weak point in the builds and usually only last a few seasons under normal use. Best to stick with Venture or Von Wiese built actuators. More expensive, but this is a case where you get what you pay for...

I'd love to find somewhere to purchase Von Weise actuators. Everywhere I look, it says no longer available. Who's carrying them?

Contact Von Weise directly. Both Von Weise and Venture sell direct to the public.

Here's what I got back when I emailed Von Weise. Doesn't sound good for future purchases.

Here's what I found.

V76-5 Will have 20 early next week. 24-36 VDC, 600 pounds thrust, 6.8-11.0 inches/minute, 24" stroke (33.75 retracted, 57.75 extended to middle of rod end bearing), Reed Switch Feedback Control. Limit Switches for overall stoke control. Enclosure Totally Enclosed Non-Ventilated. 19:1 Gearbox Ratio. $269.99

V00212AT76 Will have 20 early next week. 36 VDC, Full Load Speed 11 inches/minute, Gear Ration 19:1, Full Load Thrust 600 lbs, 1/15 HP, Current @ Full Load 3 Amps, Reed Switch. (33.75 retracted, 57.75 extended to middle of rod end bearing) $199.99

I will list them for sale as soon as they are here. After this delivery, I am not sure when/if we will have the factory build more.

Scott

They probably won't build actuators unless there's a substantial demand for them. I'd like to find someone that can make mesh panels for my Paraclipse and KTI at a reasonable price also. My Paraclipse has a broken hollow nylon thumbscrew on the feed that I can't find either.

For the past 15+ years, both companies have built a batch of satellite actuators a few times a year. The components are used across multiple product lines and almost identical to gate and solar panel jacks. I would be very surprised if these are Von Weise's last satellite actuator batches. Whatever the future, fortunately, the mechanical components are standard items and available for years to come... :)

Reactions: Melvinfta
As Titanium has said these manufacturers are still in business making quality products. They might not be still making them for the home satellite market cause that business is a less than miniscule portion of what it once was. However they are now in the market of making actuators for RVs, Solar Tracking, Medical Beds, Heavy Industries etc.

I for one are very grateful they still are in business. I had a great customer service experience from Von-Wiese a while back. I e-mailed them about upgrading my Paraclypse H-H motor (which uses a Von_Wiese motor and gearbox) and within 1 day I had an answer that the motor used a unique magnet and gear assembly. Obviously the salesman at V-W took the time to go searching thru his files for a 30 year old discontinued product and knew enough about the new AND very old products to tell me an honest answer instead of just trying to sell a brand new product that I did not need.
Venture MFg. even still has a section for satellite Satellite Actuators | Venture Mfg. Co.
I would order from them direct and save the middle man. Or Ricks is selling Ventures I think.
Kevin

Reactions: norman881
For the past 15+ years, both companies have built a batch of satellite actuators a few times a year. The components are used across multiple product lines and almost identical to gate and solar panel jacks. I would be very surprised if these are Von Weise's last satellite actuator batches. Whatever the future, fortunately, the mechanical components are standard items and available for years to come... :)

If memory serves me, they were making actuators for hospital beds as well. Hopefully, they will continue to make them for the satellite industry, especially since there's a market for actuators for the commercial market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts