Acuator Error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
My motor is hooked up right. I checked 4 times. I keep getting "no return pulse from acuator error. But When I tap on the eeast -west button a few times, the dish will move. I have 100 foot of cate5 that goes to the sensor-ground on the act and the wirirng for the servo. Could the wire be too small

when I hook up the motor right to the receiver with 10 foot instead of 100 foot of cable, it works.

1. ok its working, but it works when i switch the pusle and ground does it matter?

all the factory instructions I have, say you must use shielded wire for the sensors. Could this be the difference with the length of the run? It sounds to me like the pulse is not getting to the controler.

I run 4 conductor #22 unshielded on a run 300 feet long and only use 2 of the conductors...sensor wires are quite forgiving. I do the same with a 275 foot run using 3 conductors to a 10 turn pot.

It us just a switch much like your magnetic alarm contacts that are on your doors and windows. The switch has no real polarity. It just opens and closes as the magnet on the sensor wheel passes by it while the dish is moving and the motor is on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)