OTHER Acuator info-Need Help-Replacing an old Maspro

Good deal.Actually the number of "counts"is determined by the actuator not the receiver.So even tho the "numbers"might not be the same,the counts between sats should be close.
As far as the Supra vs 550i,six the same as half dozen of another :biggrin,in either case you have to relearn.

Thanks for the info. Great! Once I find one bird, I should easily find them all then. This may be easier than I thought. I just need to learn the receiver. The Maspro being a commercial unit with a lot of add-ons, was a bit klonky to use and had a lot of glitches. Often it would jam up and I had to start over with a reset. Sometimes when adding a satellite the position of where the satellite was in regard to courts, the dish would be 60 counts off and I would have to move the dish to the spot and lock it in, where the bird really was, especially if I had to re-name it. To be honest the Maspro at times was a real pain. Hopefully the Uniden will not give me any of those fits. Even though I have had the Uniden & GI for years, it seemed easier to just put with the old Maspro. Now that I am stuck to change, things should go a lot better.

With the weather and not enough time, I finally checked it out and I got it hooked up right. I am able to move the dish, set the E/W limits. It took a bit, but I found ANIK F1, so I can go from there. I had to reset the polarity a bit, but it seems to work. Now to figure out how to put in all of the birds and re-label with the correct names. After all the Supra is from 1995. And we have a storm in on Monday, but at least I am gaining on it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I still use the "old" names in my 4DTVs,I just more or less know where I'm going.
If you want to see if the old Supra really still works,CSPAN should still be on "C3"(AMC 11 at 131) ch7 in glorious NTSC analog.

Reactions: k.r.
I still use the "old" names in my 4DTVs,I just more or less know where I'm going.
If you want to see if the old Supra really still works,CSPAN should still be on "C3"(AMC 11 at 131) ch7 in glorious NTSC analog.

There is still one analog tp out there? I did not know that. Thanks. I'll check that out. At least C3 will be easy to find. But I am pleased to have found F1. I hooked up the Supra to replace the Maspro to be able to move the dish and change the polarity. I have both C/KU coax comes in and I think I may have an issue with the switch system. Right now I just have the C Band LNB connected in to the 9500. Since my old 4DTV (905) doesn't seem to work, I was using the switch for both the analog on the 4DTV as well as the Maspro, but I think I will try to rewire the C/KU switching through just the Supra and run the coax to the Pansat's (9000+9500).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts