Adapter to use Stratus 7 with old Sportster Boombox/Exec Dock?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdr01930

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2005
Gloucester, MA
Is there an adapter available that allows a Stratus 7 to plug into old Sportster gear, as shown in the pic? I have an old boombox, executive doc, and car adapter I'd like to use with it.

I still have an old Sportster too, and if an adapter exists, it will make all my stuff compatible.

And yes, I need to clean that stuff. It's in my garage and were recently doing some woodworking. Sawdust everywhere.

[GALLERY=media, 487]20160815_161525 by jdr01930 posted Aug 15, 2016 at 5:10 PM[/GALLERY]

The newest boombox seems to work with both the old Sirius radios and XM radios. I tested it and was pleasantly surprised, though there is no real reason to bother with the Sirius side with its blotchy audio quality. I got it from one of the online stores bundled with a receiver for a little more than the cost of the receiver alone.

The newest boombox seems to work with both the old Sirius radios and XM radios
The SiriusXM shopping site says that older radios need a home or auto kit to work with the SXSD2 boom box. Another site lists "adapter plates" but they don't have any inventory. There are some on eBay.

Does the SXSD2 boom box come with a selection of adapter plates?

I think the point was to adapt a modern radio to an old dock, not the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)