Add 5th Dish Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

minamman

Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
I'm pretty new to all of this, so please bear with me. I currently have two dual tuner receivers that feed 4 TV's. Two TV's in upstairs, one in Family room and one in basement. Now, I'm trying to add 5th TV in basement(two TV's in basement now). I called Dish and they told me I have to purchase it. So, instead of paying $299 for Solo 311, I bought it from ebay paying half the price.

Being ignorant in this area, I thought I could just simply hook up a receiver and it will work. I guess that's not how it works in Dish. I researched all the forums and find out that I have to run a new wire from Dish to new receiver. I don't do roof and don't want to wire another cable from the roof to basement. Is there any way I can use existing wire to activate this receiver? I have a ViP622 in family room that feed one TV in family room and one in basement. Can I use this line that goes to basement with new receiver? My dish in roof is unreachable and not advisable to go up there at this time of the year... Thanks.

$299 for a solo 311? They retail for only $99! You can get them on ebay for about $50-60.

Make sure you keep your phone lines hooked up or the audit nazi's will get ya! Then all that money you put out for that receiver will be GONE! They will shut it off permanently making it a door stop.

You must run a cable from the dish to the receiver, there's no other way or you don't get satellite signal. You could setup the receiver closer to the dish and run the output cable (RG6) from the receiver to the basement.

You could install a dpp 4 x 4 multi-switch! this switch can drive up to 4 dual tuner receivers. No additional coax runs would be required. the switch is a little expensive buying it new ( dealer cost about $165.00 ) ,but i think you can get them on E-bay for under 100 bucks.

You could install a dpp 4 x 4 multi-switch! this switch can drive up to 4 dual tuner receivers. No additional coax runs would be required. the switch is a little expensive buying it new ( dealer cost about $165.00 ) ,but i think you can get them on E-bay for under 100 bucks.

What if he has 3 different satellite locations? He still needs to run a cable from the dish to the switch for that third satellite. He has a 622 receiver so he probably has HD programming thus a third satellite location.

wow..
Ok here's the deal.
One. the OP MUST use a dpp 44 switch unless he has an empty port on the LNB..
I would like the OP to go to menu 6-1-1 then run a check switch to see which type Dish/LNB array he has. This would help us help him
He wants to add a single tuner SD receiver so therefore he MUST have either D1000+ with a 44 switch( in this case he need not run a new cable from the dish but simply go to the switch) OR he has a D-1000k.2. In that case he has to run a new cable from the dish ot the ground, to the receiver location.

Why it is people think they can do this themsleves then leave comments like " I don't do roofs".
Words to live by.....When in doubt, let the pros handle it.
$299 is an outrageous amount of money for base unit like the 311. I am wondering who he called to get THAT price.

Thank you for contributing.
However in the future, please do not discuss the dealer cost of items.
Thank you......

Thank you for contributing.
However in the future, please do not discuss the dealer cost of items.
Thank you......

Ha if only people knew what we paid as dealers...it's not a state secret...obviously

But yes he does need a DPP44 switch so he can accommodate 110/119/61.5 then running one more line from the switch to the new receiver. Or he can get 2 DP 34 switches, but I wouldn't advise that..toooooo much cable.

Sorry bud someone is going to have to go on the roof if you want that 5th tv hooked up either now or in the spring:up

Do you need the 5th tv to have independant viewing? If not, you could connect the tv (via coax) to one of the existing tv 2 signals from one of the other boxes. Only thing this means is that the two tvs you are connected to would have to watch the same thing

In my house, we have a single dual tuner box. The second tuner connects to teh internal wiring where I can choose any of 4 tvs to watch it on. Since its only my wife and myself, it works out quite well.

Yes, but what did you do about multiple (or lack of multiple) RF remotes for the other TVs in the house? For example, if you have a dual tuner receiver and 4 TV in the house. TV1 is next to the receiver and uses remote#1 (IR). Then TV2 will use the remote#2 (RF) remote. TV2 signal will be displayed (mirrored) on TV3 and TV4 (TV2=TV3=TV4), but what remote can you use for TV3 & TV4? Any help would be appreciated. Will Dish network send you out some extra dvr RF remotes if you just ask?

Thanks

FYI, i have a VIP622 and I don't know how to find the remote control model (6.x or 21.x? or ##.#?)

I see no indication that we're talking about HD here.

Perhaps we should find out specifically what the setup is before we start beating on each other about what can and cannot be done?

I'm a little concerned that the eBay purchase was a lease and if that's the case, DISH won't activate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)