add cw on gax 17

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fire1000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
henderson,ky
I know this was post before but can't find it. but what do I need to type in tp for cw 3720 H
tp 1 vid 101 and audio 102? or ??

thanks,
Fire1000

What type of receiver do you have? Most folks can use a program called Channel Master but not all receivers are supported by this program.

SharpC Discussion Forum

If your receiver does not support manual PID entry or does not support Channel Master there are sometimes other ways depending on the type receiver.

Very easy with the Traxis 3500.

1. Scan in 3 C Band channels on G17. There are plenty of them and it doesn't matter which ones you use. Remember what the FR and SR to these channels are
2. Hit OK and bring up the channel list and hit the first channel.
3. Hit 5, enter for password 0000 (4 zeros), then hit 4, edit.
4. Arrow up to the top line and enter the channel name you want, in this case CW East, arrow down to the next line and enter your Video PID which is 101, next line Audio PID which is 102, the the PRC PID whichis 101. (Usually the VPID and PCR are the same)
5. Arrow down at hit save, then exit.
6. Exit out of the channel and list at hit the menu button.
7. Go to the CBand FR list and find the FR and SR of the channel you scanned in step 1. Change the FR to 3720 and the SR to 26700, hit exit and yes.
8. Go to the channel list and hit the channel you nameds CW East and it's there.

Do this two more time to the other channels using the PIDs that I entered in the previous post and you will have all 3 CW channels.

This sounds more complicated than it is. Once you do it a few times you will see how easy it is.
I did this from memory so if you have any promlems feel free to PM me and we will solve them.

Thanks JIm for posting that. I can do it on the Coolsats easily but the Traxis I forget how that works ;)

Thanks JIm for posting that. I can do it on the Coolsats easily but the Traxis I forget how that works ;)

I think there is an easier way of doing where you don't have to enter dummy channels and then change the information. I figured out how to do it on the AZ Box Premium Plus where you enter the PIDS then the FR and SR you want to match them to. I haven't time to test it yet, but I think it can be done that way on the Traxis 3500 by using "create" in the edit menu.

Very easy with the Traxis 3500.

1. Scan in 3 C Band channels on G17. There are plenty of them and it doesn't matter which ones you use. Remember what the FR and SR to these channels are
2. Hit OK and bring up the channel list and hit the first channel.
3. Hit 5, enter for password 0000 (4 zeros), then hit 4, edit.
4. Arrow up to the top line and enter the channel name you want, in this case CW East, arrow down to the next line and enter your Video PID which is 101, next line Audio PID which is 102, the the PRC PID whichis 101. (Usually the VPID and PCR are the same)
5. Arrow down at hit save, then exit.
6. Exit out of the channel and list at hit the menu button.
7. Go to the CBand FR list and find the FR and SR of the channel you scanned in step 1. Change the FR to 3720 and the SR to 26700, hit exit and yes.
8. Go to the channel list and hit the channel you nameds CW East and it's there.

Do this two more time to the other channels using the PIDs that I entered in the previous post and you will have all 3 CW channels.

This sounds more complicated than it is. Once you do it a few times you will see how easy it is.
I did this from memory so if you have any promlems feel free to PM me and we will solve them.

ok I got lost on step 7 I can't find an cband fr list? whats it under

That's my error. Since I have my Traxis slaved I just use C and Ku to seperate the freqs. If you use yours to move your dish it's probably shown as Galaxy 17 with a list of FRs and SRs for that satellite. Tony, can you make this more clear since you deal with the methods of using the primary receiver as the mover to each satellite. I know what I am trying to say, but it's coming out clear as mud.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)