Add lnbs to ai5 and g10r??????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

antenna

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Hello, I have two multistars 39 inches dishes on my roof, one on galaxy 10r 123 w and the other on ai5 97. I was wondering if that you be possible to add other lnbs on those dishes to receive other satellites. I heard it's possible with ai5 and amc4. Is the signal will remain good and could you tell me witch interesting satellites I could add to my dishes without adding more dishes..thanks you...

I don't think it would be worth adding a "wing" LNB to the satellite dish pointing at G10R at this time, but would be fun to simply zip tie a 2nd KU LNBF to the LEFT side (from behind dish) of the Main (IA-5) KU LNBF. May take some tweaking but you should be able to get a signal from AMC-4 with a 39" dish.

There are also TWO LNBF brackets available but being unfamiliar with your dish you would have to make sure it will work with your style of satellite dish, a few examples/idea's below..........

http://www.dmsiusa.com/2_lnbf_bracket.htm

http://www.dmsiusa.com/2_dss_lnbf.htm

Do you think that you be possible to add two lnbf to the dish on ai5... one on galaxy3c 95 w and the other on amc4??? Just want to know if it's possible before buying the lnbf...thanks

No G3C(95w) is too close to IA-5(97w) : ( They need to be at least 4 deg. apart!

Thanks for the anwwer, .... For amc4 Would it be very hard to get both signals..ia5 and amc4...A friend of mine said he just taped with duck tape a second lnbf to the left of the one pointing on ai5 and that'it no ajustment needed??? What do you think??

I would give it a try, zip tie should work or as Iceberg does try a hose clamp from the hardware store!

Hose clamp might work just fine...I'll try that ...Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What is wrong with this picture?

Dish Motor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)