Added another BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
A few days ago I successfully added another Winegard 7.5ft dish to the setup. Put an ad in on the local radio station classifides and about a week later got an email saying I can have it. Went to his house early sunday morning and took it down all by myself. Wasnt hard at all. Took off the feedhorn, support arms, panels, the middle piece that the polar mount is on, and then the mast all in that order. Took a hand grinder and a cutoff wheel and got the mast just above the concrete then filled it back in. All in all with the getting ready on the site, deconstruction, and loading (plus some talking), it was done in under two hours. Not too bad by myself.

Got it back home and about the same time it was back together. Date molded into the panel sections was 7/94 but the dish was in great shape. Dont know the type of actuator, its a US Electronics brand with a narrow tube on it. Data plate is worn bad but it looks like its the same length of the 24" Von Weise. Feedhorn had the blue cap missing on the end and the tip inside was caked with a wasp nest and rusted to hell. Replaced it with a spare Chapparal I had and an Eagle Aspen LNB for C band only. Currently with all the fuss overseas its parked permanently on 58W. I can get NHK at Q of 56-62%.

Now I need to upgrade the FTA receiver since I used up all 4 ports on the Diseqc switch and it will not allow more then 4 sats on it. I have plans for 3 more dedicated Ku dishes in the future.

Currently I have:
7.5 Winegard C and Ku traveling the arc
7.5 Winegard at 58W
30" channel master at 91W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)