adding 118 to legacy equipment

vicoc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
hi,

i've got dish 500 (119 & 110) & dish 300 (61.5 for international), going into my sw64 switch which feeds a 522 and 721 (both dual tuners), both on subs. i'm trying to upgrade my dish 300 re point to 118, as some of my international channels have moved to 118. was wondering if i could use 118 lnb (both 119/118) used for FTA to catch the signal and feed it to my sw64? i cant at the moment upgrade to dish pro as i live in canada, and not eligible for an upgrade as i dont live in the states. i do have a valid sub from dish, through a friend in states. what are my options? i was thinking of getting a dish 500+, but dont know if i can walk into a store in states and get it. let me know how i could go about doing this install.

thanks guys

I'm sure most Dish retailers would be glad to sell you a 500+. You might have to pick up a DP34 switch as well. I think I read somewhere that a sw64 won't work with 118.7. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that. I have no idea what they will charge you, so be prepared for a bit of sticker shock.

boba, i'm sure they would, but i'm in canada. i'm using a friend at states to sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts