Adding 2nd HDDVR, Self Instal Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bill,

This is basically my setup but I chose to only use one of the SWM ports & am running an SWM 8-way splitter off of that port. I was never sure about this but will ask since you seem to know your way around the barn; I can or cannot hook up another SWM 8-way splitter off the other SWM port to feed an additional 8 tuners?

Thanks,

jtwex

No, the SWM-8 will feed a maximum of 8 tuners. There is a SWM16 coming out soon.

You could use high frequency splitters to split the 4 lines in from the dish, and use two SWM8s. The key would be to match the inputs on both SWM8s. So each split line would go into the same port on each SWM8 (does that make sense?) And...you would only use one power inserter. They also make a SWM8 E2 expander. It is basically a splitter that does the same thing, and allows you to stack two SWM8's on top of each other. Then you could run 16 tuners. There is a diagram here:

http://swm8.com/swm8-e2.pdf

Last little bit of help..... OK so all of a sudden the pic quality on the HD channels SUCKS when there are HD programs recording both in the living room and bedroom. Is this normal with the SWM?

Last little bit of help..... OK so all of a sudden the pic quality on the HD channels SUCKS when there are HD programs recording both in the living room and bedroom. Is this normal with the SWM?

Thats strange. No that is not normal. Check your connections again and do a menu reset on both recievers. See if that helps...

Menu reset? Is there a reset option in the menu somewhere? Checked all the connections and they seem good. Like I said the pq goes out the door if there is HD recording on both but when I went back this morning and took a quick look at the recorded programs, the same that had bad pq while recording, the recorded pic looks good........

You can do a red button reset, but it is better to go to the menu, parental fav's & setup, system setup, reset.

If the recording looks fine, it's a probably a software issue that a reboot will fix.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)