Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
Colorado Springs, CO
Before the addition of the HR24, I had the following setup.:
Receivers: HR20 x 2 and HR22 x 2
SWM LNB: SL5SPIG-P
SWM Power supply: PI-21
4-way Splitter: SWS-4

Added a HR24 receiver and changed the splitter to a SWS8WB-P with 75 ohm terminations in the vacant connectors.

So, after the upgrade, I have the following:
Receivers: HR20 x 2, HR22 x 2 and HR24 x 1
Same SWM LNB
Same SWM Power supply
8-way splitter: SWS8WB-P with 75 ohm terminations on the empty connections.

Problem: Error code 771b - One receiver does not see satellite

If I disconnect and reconnect a receiver in another room, the original receiver comes up, so it is not the receiver.

It seems as though there is limit of 4 receivers in this setup.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Gary

Last edited:
ghoff said:
Before the addition of the HR24, I had the following setup.:
Receivers: HR20 x 2 and HR22 x 2
SWM LNB: SL5SPIG-P
SWM Power supply: PI-21
4-way Splitter: SWS-4

Added a HR24 receiver and changed the splitter to a SWS8WB-P with 75 ohm terminations in the vacant connectors.

So, after the upgrade, I have the following:
Receivers: HR20 x 2, HR22 x 2 and HR24 x 1
Same SWM LNB
Same SWM Power supply
8-way splitter: SWS8WB-P with 75 ohm terminations on the empty connections.

Problem: Error code 771b - One receive does not see satellite

If I disconnect and reconnect a receiver in another room, the original receiver comes up, so it is not the receiver.

It seems as thought there is limit of 4 receivers in this setup.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Gary

You're using 10 tuners. Your system only works correctly with 8. You'll need to add a SWM 16 switch. 771b is not enough tuners. You'll need a different LNB and the SWM 16 plus two 8 way SWM splitters

ghoff said:
Got it.. thanks for your prompt response. This is just like owning a boat, always something else to buy. :)

Yup! Prolly get what you need cheap! Just make sure you get the right LNB! You need the SL3 or 5, it's not going to be a SWM LNB

Yup! Prolly get what you need cheap! Just make sure you get the right LNB! You need the SL3 or 5, it's not going to be a SWM LNB
If you get the switch and still need the lnb I'm in Colorado Springs and would trade you straight across your current swm lnb for a SL5 lnb. That might save you a couple of bucks. Shoot me a msg if interested. Frank

you will also need to run 3 additional lines from your dish (lnb) to whereever your switch is located just fyi. and you do not "need" 2 swm 8ways, you can use 2 4ways just as well, or 1 4way and 1 2way. the swm16 provides 8tuners per channel (i think im using the right terminology) and the switch runs 2 separate channels. since you only have 5 receivers, you only need 5 lines in total. 4 would run to a 4way (you can use an 8way and term the extra outputs) and then 1 would run to the second channel. Noting that since you have all dvrs, specifically 4 dvrs your 'channel1' is full, ie, using all 8 available tuners, so you cannot hook up another line thus there is no reason to use more than a 4way on this output unless you swap dvrs for regular hd/sd boxes. Now for the information i am not posotive of, I believe that the output of the swm switch (Channel2) NEEDS to run into some sort of a swm switch, whether it be a 2way,4way, or 8way. I dont think you can run 1 receiver directly into the SWM16 itself. But I'm sure someone else will correct me or verify that as well. GL with your install :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts