Adding a New Dish to CoolSat5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I have a Dish Network single Lnb dish pointed at 110 which I want add to my FTA setup. This dish is not in use.
I currently have the C band and Ku band sides from my 10` Weingard dish wired with the DiSeq switch and splitters per the diagram at the DMS International site.
What is the proper way to wire in this second dish??? I assume that it will go on the Ku side??? Can you also recommend a manufacturer for any splitter or other parts I need to add or replace???
Thank you!!!

An extra lnb (lnbf) needs an extra port on your diseqc switch. If you have a 2x1 diseqc, get a 4x1 diseqc and you should be good to go. Then you could have C-band on port 1, ku-band on port 2, and the circular DBS on port 3, with a spare port for future options. Of course you would want to use the same ports, you are already using, to keep from having to reprogram your DVB receiver. You would only have to program 110 to the new port.

Al

Thanks Voom;
I do have a 4x1 diseq so it will simply be a matter of attaching the RG6 coax DBS) to port 3.
Is there a way I can add a 110 Satellite to my CookSat 5000 menu and would would be the diseq setting to turn on the 110 satellite on port 3??

110 should be in there already. If not, you can add it by going to
install
dish setup
scroll to bottom and there should be a couple satellites that say 0.0E
select one and put in the info :)

I need to add sbs6 to my cs 5k and the motor won't move to it. I ended up storing sbs6's position at amc6 because I couldn't figure out how to do it. Can I do that with channelmaster? it wouldn't let me add freq's for sbs6, either, I had to do a blindscan.

I have a whole bunch of satellites missing, I need to do a complete reprogram. And some I'll have NO HOPE of ever seeing from my location that need to GO. :mad:

I need to add sbs6 to my cs 5k and the motor won't move to it. I ended up storing sbs6's position at amc6 because I couldn't figure out how to do it.
you didn't use one of the blank ones at the bottom?

Can I do that with channelmaster?
yes you can
it wouldn't let me add freq's for sbs6, either, I had to do a blindscan.
once you store the satellite, go into manual scan and add one. I do it all the time

I have a whole bunch of satellites missing, I need to do a complete reprogram. And some I'll have NO HOPE of ever seeing from my location that need to GO. :mad:
yep. Channelmaster does the trick. I don't need C-Band for the Coolsat so I redid all the DBS/KU from 61.5 over to 148 in order by the satellite. Worked pretty snifty

Uploading the list to CM works really good and until you download it back, nothing in the box changes. So I suggest save when you upload it, and resave as a different name when you start editing things.

stogie
Don't know if you are KU only but here is said list and loader for it. Note the channels arent listed. Just the satellites but it might give you a way to tinker with it first :)

Attachments

• CoolSat Pro Loader v.2.4.zip
    169.3 KB · Views: 205
stogie
Don't know if you are KU only but here is said list and loader for it. Note the channels arent listed. Just the satellites but it might give you a way to tinker with it first :)

Actually Ice I did what i should have done before asking in the general forum, SEARCH. I found the thread where y'all were talking about the exact same subject in 2006, and you posted your satellite list with channels. So I am going to use that list if you don't mind. No I don't need C-band, she-who-must-be-obeyed says no c-band dish in the backyard. :mad:

But I DO probably need the loader, thanks! :up

no problem. The satellite list is just that. All the KU & DBS from 61-148 in order with some transponders logged in

There are no channels logged so you'll need to do that but there shuld be an active transponder on each of the satellites listed (some are just data TP's but they will work for dish aiming) :)

no problem. The satellite list is just that. All the KU & DBS from 61-148 in order with some transponders logged in

There are no channels logged so you'll need to do that but there shuld be an active transponder on each of the satellites listed (some are just data TP's but they will work for dish aiming) :)

I've been working through them all afternoon, I cannot get anything on sbs6. I am doing a detail scan on it now to see if it works any better...I have all the linear satelites pretty well from 127 eastward but sbs6 is giving me problems..:mad:

Thanks for the list. :up

Ohio News Network should be there on
11742 freq
H polarity
6616 symbol rate

I think it might be an aiming issue, Ice....I intend to look for a thick-walled piece of pipe, I think 2.5 inch schedule 40 should do it...and sink a new pole, the 2 3/8 inch fence post I am using now just flexes too danged much. G10 is pristine but the further I get east the worse it gets. Each satellite is progressively worse than the last signal-quality wise. Your list was right on IF I used USALS, but all the diesq settings were hosed.

Thanks again. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)