Adding a third receiver to Dish 1000.2

mbarys

Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
IL
Hi,

I currently have Dish 1000.2 with 2 dual VIP DVR's. I just finished my basement and am going to add a HD receiver down there. From what I read I can run a line directly from the third LNB from the dish to the receiver, but until then can I do the following:

Two lines come in and then have a two way splitter on each line that takes two lines to each DVR. Can I remove one of those lines from the splitter and feed it to my HD receiver only having one tuner active on a DVR?

Thanks!

No, it's a separator that supports a dual-tuner receiver, not a splitter.

You must run the line directly from the third output of the 1000.2 to your third receiver.

Both of your current two lines should be going to a separator for each dual tuner dvr.
You can put a splitter ahead of one of these separators and run the second output of the splitter to your basement, to the separator( for dual tuner ) or the input to the basement box.

Both of your current two lines should be going to a separator for each dual tuner dvr.
You can put a splitter ahead of one of these separators and run the second output of the splitter to your basement, to the separator( for dual tuner ) or the input to the basement box.
Why would you ever need a muilti Switch if this was possible??

You "can" do this, but it would accomplish nothing except malfunction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)