This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Adding additional TV's to 722 - HELP!

dididodat

Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
I just installed DISH.

The installer hooked up my main HDTV on the vip722 receiver and a bedroom TV on SD running on channel 60.
I have two other older TV's and I asked the installer if I could mirror TV2. He told me I could run a jumper from the antenna side of the SCS-2 diplexer to a splitter and hook up the other two TV's along with my bedroom TV and they would work fine.

I found out one of the older TV's only went up to channel 57 while the other one went to channel 83, so I went into system setup (6-1-5) on thee 722 and changed the TV2 to channel 55, mode... AIR. I went back to the bedroom and changed TV2 to channel 55 and it works fine off the splitter. I had a choice of setting the one TV to CATV or TV. I set it to TV. There was not even a choice on the oldest TV that only goes to channel 57. The problem is when I go to channel 55 on the either of the two TV's now I only get snow....no signal. I am stumped as to why the two older TV's on the splitter won’t work when the bedroom TV works just fine off the same splitter.

Can anyone please help?