Adding an additional satellite to my 922 reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dennislu

Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Last September dish network upgraded my equipment and replaced both satellite dishes with 1 new one. But they also changed satellites as well. I was using 110 and 119 now its 77 and 72. (61.5 wasn't affected). At that time I was paying for additional Fox, NBC and CBS HD stations outside my market through America Direct, which was only using the 110 satellite. I called and asked if I could continue using the 110 satellite along with the 77 and 72 satellites using my new 922 box, but they said the 922's programming didn't support doing this. So, I was wondering if what they told me was accurate and/or if the 922 can support doing this now? I noticed in the point dish menu there is a satellite port 4 and 5 with port 4 having an "x" for "sat:" and "trans:" and "n.c" for device which gives me hope that the programming can now support an additional satellite?

The most you should ever need is 4 satellites (int'l programming on the 4th sat, unless there are LOS issues). If you want to keep AAD, chances are you need a full Eastern Arc install, along with a 119 wing dish for the AAD channels. If you don't have AAD, or don't want it anymore, just a full EA install will get you everything.

Having 5 sats is possible, but it's rare that it's needed.

The 922 will support 110 77 72 61.5 installed. East arc dish and wing dish 110. 922's are installed on west arc all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)