Adding another dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, system has not shipped yet, but while reading some post here, I have a thought. Maybe I can scrounge up another dish somewhere and point it at IA7 (129 w). THe Star Net looks interesting. Now, my question - is this like adding a second dish to dish network - that is you use a switch and it allows you to have multiple satellite dishes to one receiver? And, I am still not sure of this, can a person use dish or dtv 18" or 20" dishes to pick up IA7 in Iowa, and if the mini dishes do work, would the lnb work for them also? Sorry for all the questions. I am getting excited about the whole FTA :)

Larry :)

An 18 inch dish is good for NASA and Gol TV.
An 18 inch dish will also have a circular lnb which is good for the above, but not for most of the rest of FTA where you'll pretty much use a linear lnb.

You'll need a Diseqc switch (cheap) to switch between dishes.

IA7 seems to be all Horizontal or Vertical transmissions. (Linear LNB)

Good luck!

A Diseqc switch would be needed to combine two dish, an 18" dish will not work for IA-7 way too small, plus you need a linear LNBF for this satellite!

Thanks for the info! Might just be easier to order the motor if I want to watch StarNet :) By the time I get a switch and another dish/lnb that would probably cost more than the motor :)

Larry :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)