Adding another HD receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

1tufgt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
How have you all gone to get another extra HD receiver without paying the full $99 price for one?

You really can't. I'm getting installed as we speak and I needed a total of 8 receivers. Direct is hooking 5 up for me and I purchased 3 additional receivers on line. Not a great deal but a little cheaper and no tax.

How have you all gone to get another extra HD receiver without paying the full $99 price for one?
It is folly to assume that "you all" have been given free HD receivers. If DIRECTV offers you one because they like you, you get one. If they don't, you don't.

It usually takes a year or two of favorable treatment from you to get favorable treatment from DIRECTV.

Well if you are lucky enough to live in a market with ONLY MPEG4 locals, you automatically get ALL HD receivers standard. If you want extra HD DVR's, you can simple order SD DVR's (which normally are $99) but you'll end up getting HR2x DVR's, since D* is no longer using the R22's. ;) :D

This would be all 72.5 markets (which either have or are transitioning to Ka MPEG4 only) or the few markets that have always been MPEG4, such as Palm Springs, CA.

Cool, thanks for the information.

This may we will of been with DTV for 3 years so hopefully I can call them up and see if they can offer me a deal.

Do you have to pay another $10.00 a month for HD programing if you already on Hd dvr and paying the hd charge

If you live in an area which is moving their locals off of 72.5 to MPEG4, you can call and say you want to add a standard receiver. In those areas they are giving HD receivers as Standard receivers so people can get their locals.

I purchased 3 additional receivers on line. Not a great deal but a little cheaper and no tax.

I'm going to be looking to get another HD receiver soon and want to buy rather than lease because I don't want to get sucked into a new contract (if DTV disappoints with new HD channels I want to be able to switch to FiOS).

I know I need to be careful of buying a receiver online as some people sell leased ones that I won't be able to activate. Do you mind if I ask where you got your's from and approximately how much they go for?

I'm going to be looking to get another HD receiver soon and want to buy rather than lease because I don't want to get sucked into a new contract (if DTV disappoints with new HD channels I want to be able to switch to FiOS).

I know I need to be careful of buying a receiver online as some people sell leased ones that I won't be able to activate. Do you mind if I ask where you got your's from and approximately how much they go for?

I've always heard that activating a new piece of equipment whether you buy it or lease it will extend your contract 2 more years.

I did not buy them used on Ebay but you can go on Ebay and search for new ones and make sure they are a good company with a good history. They gave me a package deal because I bought 2 H23's and 1 HR23. It basically saved me 10.00 or so off each receiver plus the tax. The other reason why I bought it on line is my local Best Buy didn't have the 23's and sometimes when you order through Direct you'lll get whatever they have to install at the moment. Direct will activate them and there's still the 5.00 a month bill for each receiver and rumor has it that you don't actually own the ones you buy yourself. Hope this helps

Direct will activate them and there's still the 5.00 a month bill for each receiver and rumor has it that you don't actually own the ones you buy yourself. Hope this helps

What did you pay to buy them ?
If you paid approx. $99 each it's a fact that you are leasing them, not just a rumor.
You don't own them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts