Adding another new TV please help me out

adam61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Alright, I am massively confused as I am not an electrician and do not know dish policies that well. Here's my situation. I have been a Dish subscriber for about 18 months and am on their most expensive plan Old Dish Platinum +Locals and PB. I currently have 2 TVs hooked up a Living Room HDTV hooked up to a VIP622 and a DVR625 for an SDTV in my bedroom. I have a TV in my office that I only use to watch movies cause I was too lazy to wire it. I am buying a new TV for my Bedroom (HD) and moving the old TV to a guest bedroom. So now I will have a total of 4 TVs (2HD 2SD). From the research I've done here I have 2 options (correct me if I'm wrong)...

1) I can hook up the VIP622 to one HDTV and then wire the second HDTV to be TV2. I can then wire one of the SDTVs with the 625 and run the second SDTV as TV2. I like this option better except the Main HDTV would be the one with the receiver and then all I would have is a Coax cable to go to the second HDTV. It's wall mounted and everything is hooked in via a reciever with a single HDMI cable running from the A/V Receiver to the Monitor behind the wall (It's wall mounted). If I just had coax I don't know an easy way to get sound to this TV. Which brings me to option 2....

2) I could return my 625 and lease a second VIP622. Each HDTV would have it's own receiver and I could simply run COAX wires into my old SDTVs (one from each receiver) and since they don't have their own sound systems the wiring is a snap. BUT....What costs are associated with returning the 625 and getting a second 622? Are there any discounts for being a fairly long time out of contract customer with the highest package?

Wiring!! I'm in a new house (2006) and I have a network panel in my garage that drives out to all the RG6 outlets throughout the house (all are dual). What does it cost to send someone out and rewire the internal TVs from out there so it all works correctly (whether I choose option 1 or 2)? And for this service call again are there any discounts since I've been with them forever?

Lastly, would I incur any new monthly charges from choosing either option? Sorry for the complex question I just want to make sure I get it right and it works how I need it to. Thanks a TON in advance for any help you can provide!

Alright, I am massively confused as I am not an electrician and do not know dish policies that well. Here's my situation. I have been a Dish subscriber for about 18 months and am on their most expensive plan Old Dish Platinum +Locals and PB. I currently have 2 TVs hooked up a Living Room HDTV hooked up to a VIP622 and a DVR625 for an SDTV in my bedroom. I have a TV in my office that I only use to watch movies cause I was too lazy to wire it. I am buying a new TV for my Bedroom (HD) and moving the old TV to a guest bedroom. So now I will have a total of 4 TVs (2HD 2SD). From the research I've done here I have 2 options (correct me if I'm wrong)...

1) I can hook up the VIP622 to one HDTV and then wire the second HDTV to be TV2. I can then wire one of the SDTVs with the 625 and run the second SDTV as TV2. I like this option better except the Main HDTV would be the one with the receiver and then all I would have is a Coax cable to go to the second HDTV. It's wall mounted and everything is hooked in via a reciever with a single HDMI cable running from the A/V Receiver to the Monitor behind the wall (It's wall mounted). If I just had coax I don't know an easy way to get sound to this TV. Which brings me to option 2....

2) I could return my 625 and lease a second VIP622. Each HDTV would have it's own receiver and I could simply run COAX wires into my old SDTVs (one from each receiver) and since they don't have their own sound systems the wiring is a snap. BUT....What costs are associated with returning the 625 and getting a second 622? Are there any discounts for being a fairly long time out of contract customer with the highest package?

Wiring!! I'm in a new house (2006) and I have a network panel in my garage that drives out to all the RG6 outlets throughout the house (all are dual). What does it cost to send someone out and rewire the internal TVs from out there so it all works correctly (whether I choose option 1 or 2)? And for this service call again are there any discounts since I've been with them forever?

Lastly, would I incur any new monthly charges from choosing either option? Sorry for the complex question I just want to make sure I get it right and it works how I need it to. Thanks a TON in advance for any help you can provide!

For Option 1, hooking it to the 622, if you hook it up through Coax, you will only see SD. If you were to run Component (or HDMI if it is not being used), you would get HD from Tuner 1, but both HD TVs would see the same programming.

For Option 2, the best bet is to call the regular Dish Number and ask the cost for a 722 (or 622-they are the same except color and size of Hard Drive) through the Dish-N-It Up Promotion. Only catch to this is that you will have to go into a 2 year commitment. As for the wiring, they will do a "Basic Install" with the cost of the upgrade. I am sure they will be able to use diplexers or something to get both SD TVs feed from your receivers for your HD TVs that would be installed in Option 2.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

Call Dish network, they will upgrade you to a 622 for ~$99. You can explain to the CSR that you would like the receivers relocated and additional rooms connected, but I can almost guarantee you this info won't make it to your workorder, meaning your tech won't get paid for doing it. Offer to pay him extra when you explain to him what you would like to have done. $40 seems reasonable.

With a 622/625 configuration, only one TV is actually watching an HD picture. TV2 on 622 is down-ressed to SD. Unless you want to run a HDMI or Component from the 622 to that TV and mirror what content the other HD set is seeing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)