Adding dish for camping

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I drove back down this afternoon when we got back from the lake. I was still only able to find 72. It peaked at 60. I ran check switch and that's all that showed up. On the dish pointer screen if I change it to 61.5 all I get is wrong sat.

I haven't worked with an EA dish much but I know when I am aiming the WA with a DPP 1000.2, I need to insure that the multi-switch is connecting the 119 LNBF to the coax that I have the meter on. I do this by forcing a 22 KHz tone on the coax.

The order of cables on the multi-switch should not matter but perhaps the EA multi-switch needs to be set to the 72.7 LNBF.

Are you setting the receiver to point at satellite 72.7 and a transponder higher than 11?

Carried my generator, box and tv down this afternoon and tried pointing the dish.

I covered the two outer lnb and found 72 with about 55 strength. Uncovered the lnb and had 0 for the others. I tried moving slightly left and right but any movement over probably 2 degrees dropped my 72 down in the 20's.

What am I doing wrong
Did you do a check switch before you started moving the dish?

Still new at this, what exactly is the multi switch. Is it needed for just one receiver?

Right now I am running from port 1 direct to the receiver.

I have a meter ordered that should be here this week.

I was running transponder 9. Does it need to be different?

I did a check switch before I started and couple times throughout the process

Thanks for all the help and not getting annoyed with me through out this.

The Multi-switch is inside the LNBF head. It is how the two/three LNBFs can connect to the coax cables.

The reason for above 11 is to make sure you are not trying to get a spotbeam.

Thanks brussam, so you saying with what I have now I should get all the satellites if I point it correctly, I don't need any thing else.

View attachment 119700 View attachment 119701 I drove back down this afternoon when we got back from the lake. I was still only able to find 72. It peaked at 60. I ran check switch and that's all that showed up. On the dish pointer screen if I change it to 61.5 all I get is wrong sat.
I agree, Dish receivers are a Pain to use for setting up a satellite Dish.
This is what made me buy a Meter.

But if you are peaked on the 72, I see no reason atleast 77 wouldn't show up.

Unplug, receiver, and try to rerun another check switch.
Its extremely difficult for you to be peaked at the 72, and not see the 77 or the 61.5.
Unless LNB is bad, your Skew is set at 90 degrees or completely skewed the wrong way, or there are obstructions of some type.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

72.7 should be showing up on Port 2 after a check switch. Connect the coax to Port 2 on the LNB and try aiming again with the left and right LNB's covered with foil and the receiver set to 72.7 TP 14.

Reactions: Troch77
Thanks for all the help, I will try to get down there one afternoon if not it will be Friday. Hopefully can get it knocked out. Also looking at a satellite finder app I believe if I mount the dish where it shoots back over where we park the camper I can see the western arc birds. So worst case I can do that and loose my HD locals

Not 100% sure but I believe 77 should be in the first satellite box. I f indeed this is the case you are receiving 72 on the 77 portion of the lnb which means you are 5 degrees off on you aiming.
Hopefully others with a 1000.4 ea dish will chime in.
Good part is most channels are on 72.:biggrin

Reactions: pattykay
Not 100% sure but I believe 77 should be in the first satellite box. I f indeed this is the case you are receiving 72 on the 77 portion of the lnb which means you are 5 degrees off on you aiming.
Hopefully others with a 1000.4 ea dish will chime in.
Good part is most channels are on 72.:biggrin
Well sort of, The 72 would show up in the first box if he's only receiving the 72.
I haven't had the 77 installed in quite sometime, so I don't remember where or what box it belongs.

Currently im using only the 72 , 61.5, and 118.
But im also running a DPP44.

But my other question, Was the receiver brand new?
Because I would think it would have already been setup for 61.5 and 72.
Unless it was western arc.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

But my other question, Was the receiver brand new?
Because I would think it would have already been setup for 61.5 and 72.
Unless it was western arc.
Never seen a receiver setup. The Switch Check sets the receiver to what ever you are pointed at.

Never seen a receiver setup. The Switch Check sets the receiver to what ever you are pointed at.
Correct, but the previous setting should have been preloaded in the 211 from the previous owner.

Unless he meant he picked up the receiver brand new or refurbished from Dish or Retailer.

Was Only the Satellite dish Used and not the receiver?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I got the dish from a friend. They had a line of sight issue with their roof mounted dish so dish just put up a new one. The receiver was purchased new just a couple weeks ago. I hooked it up in my house to activate it and make sure it worked.

I did not do a check switch with the dish disconnected. I did my first check switch after I found 72 I believe.

Well third trip was a charm, I covered the two outer lnb found the 72 and then removed the foil and had 61.5. No 77 but I didn't notice any channels on it. The 72 was around 49 strength and 61.5 around 45.. I imagine I could tweet it and do better.

Thanks for all the help. We just got set up for the long weekend

Well third trip was a charm, I covered the two outer lnb found the 72 and then removed the foil and had 61.5. No 77 but I didn't notice any channels on it. The 72 was around 49 strength and 61.5 around 45.. I imagine I could tweet it and do better.

Yes you can TWEAK it probably slight elevation adjustment..

Yes good, nothing on 77 to worry about, but you could try peaking what you have.
If you have the 72 and 61.5 peaked, there should be no reason the 77 wouldn't be there.
But it doesnt really matter.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)