adding high Band VHF antenna to existing setup

kschramm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
see attached picture. I have a UHF antenna. with pre-amplifier and rotor I want to add a high band VHF antenna. I was thinking of either a Winegard YA 1713 Prostar or a Clearstream5.
I have several questions...

1. Can I mount the new high band VHF below my UHF antenna?
2. Do I combine the signal and then attach to the preamp and then to the house?
3. OR Do I buy a separate preamp for the VHF, and then combine the signal from both preamps?
4. Any suggestion on a High band VHF antenna?
37550_1317274978580_1431920288_30699541_3989190_n.jpg

1. yes
2. if you can run 2 cables I would. Thats how mine is set up
3. you can but the question is do you need a preamp on the VHF?
4. I use a Winegard that you linked too

Thats the top one in the pic

Attachments

• Antenna 1.JPG
    Antenna 1.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Antenna 3.JPG
    Antenna 3.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 210
If you run two cables, where and when do you combine them. The tuner only has one input for ANT?

If you run two cables, where and when do you combine them. The tuner only has one input for ANT?

I combine them in the house with a band separator
Blonder Tongue ZUVSJ Band Separator/Combiner (Z-UVSJ) - Blonder Tongue - ZUVSJ -

my setup is a little different as the VHF only antenna is mainly for a distant VHF station. That gets combined with the bottom one and goes to a DTVPal DVR

The bottom antenna is split in the house to go to the other rooms where I have DTVPal converter boxes

I would put the YA 1713 a few inches above the rotor and run both antennas into a Channel Master 7777, then a single line into the house. Looks like about $103 from Solid Signal. Maybe get a couple dollars back for your current pre-amp on EBay or CL?

I would put the YA 1713 a few inches above the rotor and run both antennas into a Channel Master 7777, then a single line into the house. Looks like about $103 from Solid Signal. Maybe get a couple dollars back for your current pre-amp on EBay or CL?

Thanks, I think that is exactly what I am going to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)