Adding HR21 and need a switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matsalla

Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I currently have a owned DirecTivo, and a HR21. I was interested in getting another HR21 for a new HDTV. So I want to go from having 2 dual tuner receivers to 3. The problem is since my dish has only 4 outputs all are used. If I go and order it through DirecTV for the $199 + shipping, that includes install right? Thus would have the installer come out, and I assume they would install a switch. But what if I buy it from Costco for the $169 price? Can I call DirecTV to get a switch, or would I be responsible for buying one? All cable runs are already in place so the only things I need are the receiver and the switch.

Basically I am looking at the cheapest way to add another HR21 receiver to my account.

Thanks,
David

For an official answer call D* and get it. My guess is if you are less than a two year customer you will pay for the switch.

I would order from DirecTV. For The $30 savings from Costco, you're going to pay more for the switch needed. There is a good chance DirecTV may include it with the new receiver if you explain your setup.

Call and ask. What do you have to loose?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts