Adding HR21 and need a switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matsalla

Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I currently have a owned DirecTivo, and a HR21. I was interested in getting another HR21 for a new HDTV. So I want to go from having 2 dual tuner receivers to 3. The problem is since my dish has only 4 outputs all are used. If I go and order it through DirecTV for the $199 + shipping, that includes install right? Thus would have the installer come out, and I assume they would install a switch. But what if I buy it from Costco for the $169 price? Can I call DirecTV to get a switch, or would I be responsible for buying one? All cable runs are already in place so the only things I need are the receiver and the switch.

Basically I am looking at the cheapest way to add another HR21 receiver to my account.

Thanks,
David

For an official answer call D* and get it. My guess is if you are less than a two year customer you will pay for the switch.

I would order from DirecTV. For The $30 savings from Costco, you're going to pay more for the switch needed. There is a good chance DirecTV may include it with the new receiver if you explain your setup.

Call and ask. What do you have to loose?

Status
Please reply by conversation.