Adding New LNB to Existing Dish/Switch Configuration for HD Programming

AlBartlett

Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Metro ATL
Hi All:

I have lurked on this board for years and have learned a lot. However, I need a little feedback in my quest for HD.

My current setup is a Dish 4700 receiver connected to a switch that reads “Videopath Multidish Switch Model DP 34 107107.” The switch is connected to a Dish that reads “Dish Network Plus.” Mounted on the dish is a Dual LNBF (B01303-5F060081M) and a Single LNBF (AKH1-DPS Lot # W805). Both say Dish Pro. The other bracket is empty.

On my really old receiver, I get a signal for 110, 118, and 119.

I have a VIP222K on the way to me. From my discussion with the extremely helpful and ever fast MattG, I will need to receive 129 to get most of the HD content. I need to keep 118 for International programming.

In my pile of old legacy stuff, I have an old “BS1H1UP201M Lot# E90” Single LNBF and an old SW21 switch. Barring my being able to use the legacy stuff to make a FrankenDish, I am going to need some hardware.

The proposed solution is to get a DP single line LNB for 129 and add it to the dish. Then, I would run the cable to a new DPP44 and then run the existing cable to a DPP separator at the receiver.

Can any of you see any issues, or am I on the right track?

I appreciate your feedback.

Al

The proposed solution is to get a DP single line LNB for 129 and add it to the dish. Then, I would run the cable to a new DPP44 and then run the existing cable to a DPP separator at the receiver.

Can any of you see any issues, or am I on the right track?
yes that will work fine. The older equipment (LNB & SW21) will not work (you cannot mix Legacy and DishPro equipment)
Matt didnt set you up with the new dish?

yes that will work fine. The older equipment (LNB & SW21) will not work (you cannot mix Legacy and DishPro equipment)
Matt didnt set you up with the new dish?

Thank you for your assistance. Matt offered, but I am afraid of committment . . . .

Plus, I am one of those people who like to tinker with things while trying not to slide off the roof.

Plus, I am one of those people who like to tinker with things while trying not to slide off the roof.

Dont get me wrong I am one who tinkers too (see my signature) but since you've had Dish for what looks like a while (the 4700 receiver is pretty old) it doesnt sound like you'd leave Dish anytime soon so I'd have them install the new dish which if I remember the new D1000+ has the switch all built in now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)