Adding sd receiver to swm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dozerman2009

Original poster
Jun 4, 2016
Kentucky
I currently have a have one hd receiver setup in my living room but want the standard def receiver in my room and on the current setup there is one wire coming from the swm 5 lnb going to the 2 way splitter and only one input which is going to my eve what would I need to make my second receiver work

:welcome to Satelliteguys dozerman2009!

You need a four way splitter, which has to be swm compatible. The only sd receiver that is swm compatible is the D12.

Ok I have the d 12 so when I hookup the four way splitter coming off of the lab would it be output or input to the receiver

If you have a port open on the splitter just run a line from that port to the back of the rec. and repeat satellite setup and it will work

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
If you have a port open on the splitter just run a line from that port to the back of the rec. and repeat satellite setup and it will work

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

That is correct,no need for a 4-way splitter when you have 1 port available in the 2-way splitter,more signal loss added to the system

Just take the cap/terminator of the 2-way splitter and connect your new line to your D12 DTV receiver

You guys are right, I misread the first post. If there is an open port on that splitter, connect the additional receiver there.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Where is the SWM power inserter? If it is behind the HD receiver, then the other port on the splitter is available for the D12.

I currently have a have one hd receiver setup in my living room but want the standard def receiver in my room and on the current setup there is one wire coming from the swm 5 lnb going to the 2 way splitter and only one input which is going to my eve what would I need to make my second receiver work

You are aware that your SD receiver will only work for the next 2 years or so... if not, you should just screw the D12 and go HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)