Adding to an MRV system - Does each TV need a receiver? A DECA module?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Artphul

Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
SoCal
I would like to expand the HD MRV Service I have to another (non HD) TV in my office. Its not a HD flat panel, but an older Sony. I used to have it bootlegged to my Living room DVR with a second RF remote to control it. (my former service had a 2 coax system to each dvr)

I had a new dish and 2 DVRS installed with the MRV options yesterday, but would like to "bootleg" or self wire my 3rd TV. I see that I can no longer tap into the signal at the new 8 way splitter to access a specific dvr,

Do I need a receiver or a DECA module for this TV?
(I do not need VOD for this tv)

Any comments would be appreciated.
:confused:
Also the models installed are HR21's
Did i get screwed since they aren't HR 24s? - The Customer Sevice Rep assured me that the latest technology would be installed...so much for that.

You could use the composite outputs on one of your receivers and connect them to an Rf modulator for the older TV.

Otherwise, you do need a receiver for that TV with DECA if that receiver support MRV.

If you desire programming that is different from what's on the other TVs, you need another receiver.

You can continue to "bootleg" an RF signal (using an outboard modulator or an old VCR) across keeping the above in mind.

One option might be to use a computer with DIRECTV2PC to feed the older TV (assuming you can figure out how to hook them together).

You might have benefited much more had you asked this question before you had the WHDS install (I'm guessing you overlooked the RF option going away).

Thank you both

The installer could not speak English well enough for any conversation to happen. I do not say this to be bigoted, it was just a fact. For instance, he didn't know what a "LAN" cable was or "Network", only, "need internet" , "where you router?". I finally showed him the cable (I have wired the house with LAN previously), and he said "Oh Internet!" That preempted his search for my router, which i did not want him messing with.

When i asked about the HR24's he put his hand on the HR21 and said "same" over and over. It took 2 weeks to get a scheduled install so i wasn't going to send him away or complicate the installation further by hurdling the Vietnamese/English barrier and having anything misunderstood.

That's why I am here on this forum, trying to learn a bit more.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts