Adding Wally to Motorhome?

I have my Directv to Dish conversion kit ordered and I will buy the Wally next week. I have been digging through all of the schematics showing how the wiring is done from the Winegard Trav'ler down to the receiver. But I cannot find one that shows the Wally only needing one cable through my motorhome roof. I have downloaded too much info and I am getting memory overload. Most of these refer to the Hopper 3 setups.

I need to confirm that I will only need one cable from the Trav'ler through the roof to the Wally with no additional equipment for a one TV setup.

I have my Directv to Dish conversion kit ordered and I will buy the Wally next week. I have been digging through all of the schematics showing how the wiring is done from the Winegard Trav'ler down to the receiver. But I cannot find one that shows the Wally only needing one cable through my motorhome roof. I have downloaded too much info and I am getting memory overload. Most of these refer to the Hopper 3 setups.

I need to confirm that I will only need one cable from the Trav'ler through the roof to the Wally with no additional equipment for a one TV setup.
That's all you need. Wally only has one input

Yep, there is just one coax input on the Wally:

s-l225.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
OK - I think I am ready to go with the Wally for the motorhome. As soon as the Winegard pieces come in and I get a break in the weather I will get the motorhome ready for traveling. Camping World has the Wally on sale for $70 and I have a 10% off coupon plus a $25 gift certificate.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: HipKat and NYDutch
I have everything changed out now and I will activate the Wally today. I will also activate my EHD. Will I be able to do all of this with one phone call?

Also being Dish is pushing Netflix can I record Netflix shows?

I have everything changed out now and I will activate the Wally today. I will also activate my EHD. Will I be able to do all of this with one phone call?

Also being Dish is pushing Netflix can I record Netflix shows?
You can do both activations in one phone call. You cannot record anything involving Netflix. You will need a Netflix account to even access it.

To start off with I hate talking to non-Americans that cannot understand what I am saying and I cannot understand what they are saying. I wanted to activate the Wally that I already bought. The first person ended up charging me for another Wally before I figured out what she was saying and doing. I will have to get this charge off of my CC. She passed me to the next guy where I gave him all of the info again and he passed me off to a third person which finally got it activated. I did not want to do the EHD until I got a beer. My issues with it is on another thread.

Why would you keep talking to someone you can't understand? Hang up and call back until you get someone you can understand. For my initial RV account, I had good luck working through Dish4MyRV (Pace International). The CSR they connected me with at Dish was well spoken and knew her job well. None of my Dish equipment had been purchased from Pace.

Why would you keep talking to someone you can't understand? Hang up and call back until you get someone you can understand. For my initial RV account, I had good luck working through Dish4MyRV (Pace International). The CSR they connected me with at Dish was well spoken and knew her job well. None of my Dish equipment had been purchased from Pace.

Is there a way to pause my Wally when I am not traveling and unpausing it by not calling Dish and playing CSR roulette?

You can do it through the My Dish app. You can also send a activation "Hit" using the app.

Thank you very much. I have it installed on my tablet now. I even found out I have 100 reward points.

I received an email this morning wanting to know how my experience was with Dish. I blasted them for not having CSR's that speak English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts