Addition to existing setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvlessinRosamond

Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
central, il
I am building an addition on to my house and will be adding one or two more receivers to the two I have later on. I want to run my coax thru the walls before I have it sheet rocked. Is there a special kind of coax I should get.
I have a SWiM with a single lead and a splitter to the two receivers now (tech installed) will I be able to split one lead again or do I need to have D* come and replace what is needed to go to four receivers?
Thanks for any help given.

My advice would be to run at LEAST, 2 RG6 coax and 2 cat5 (or cat6) ethernet to each TV location. You can use the 2nd coax for an antenna feed if you want and use one of the ethernet for phone if you want. The other ethernet would be for any future network aware appliances (like bluray or a networkable TV, etc).

This would be the absolute minimum I'd pull to any new location. If you REALLY want to think ahead, install smurf tube or conduit. That way you can remove/replace/add to any of the above in the future.... like adding a fiber cable :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts