Additional 622 for $99 Upgrade Information....

I have already leased one 622 so I'm in it for 18 months now so buying another for 200 more and trade in my 921 is a no brainer.:clap

Last edited:
More than 1?

I guess this is a dumb question but - I understand that starting 4/1 I can get the $200 credit for upgrading my 942 to a 622. Can't I also get my 811 upgraded to a 211 at the same time for either $49 or $99?

--Doug

Can't I also get my 811 upgraded to a 211 at the same time for either $49 or $99?

You can call and do that now. No need to wait. I am thinking of upgrading my 811 to a 211 now as my son likes the new HD video game channel.

Thanks Scott! I thought that was correct - just wanted to make sure.

Now, if they will just let me do my own replacement, I will be one happy camper.

--Doug

You can! If you want to upgrade your 811 to a 211 you can do it and they only charge you $49 if you hook it up yourself. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
You can! If you want to upgrade your 811 to a 211 you can do it and they only charge you $49 if you hook it up yourself. :D

That's great! Now, if they will just let me also do the 942/622 replacement myself, that would be just about perfect.

--Doug

Again if you post to other forums PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD about this...

Please post the following which comes directly from Dish Network!

· Coming soon: We are evaluating a promotion targeted to customers who would like to participate in the $200.00 Equipment Return Credit and upgrade to a ViP622 DVR but who prefer to purchase their equipment as opposed to leasing it. We are also evaluating a promotion targeted to customers who have multiple HD receivers today and wish to upgrade them all to ViP series/MPEG-4 receivers. So stay tuned!

Help a fellow Satellite freak out and let them know that they might want to wait to see what this deal is. Please spread the word on other forums!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:

· Coming soon: We are evaluating a promotion targeted to customers who would like to participate in the $200.00 Equipment Return Credit and upgrade to a ViP622 DVR but who prefer to purchase their equipment as opposed to leasing it. We are also evaluating a promotion targeted to customers who have multiple HD receivers today and wish to upgrade them all to ViP series/MPEG-4 receivers. So stay tuned!

Help a fellow Satellite freak out and let them know that they might want to wait to see what this deal is. Please spread the word on other forums!!!

I wonder if it would be to my advantage to wait and see what the multiple HD receiver promotion would be? Scott, do you have any guesses about when this one might be offered and what the terms might be?

--Doug

Scott,

I'm aware of the details of the 622/942 deal. But what about the possible promotion for trading in a 942 and 811 at the same time. Have you heard any possible details. Right now, cheapest way would be to upgrade 942 through the dish n it up and then buy a new 211. Or wait a year and upgrade the 811 when I'm eligible again.

RVANYA, read the following line from Dish Network... I think it answers your question..

We are also evaluating a promotion targeted to customers who have multiple HD receivers today and wish to upgrade them all to ViP series/MPEG-4 receivers. So stay tuned!

Myself I have a 942, 921 and a 811 that I need to upgrade. I was actually going to call and upgrade the 811 today however now with this notice I will wait. :)

dlsnyder said:
(Buy a 622 outright from DishStore.)
If you didn't want the metal HD packs that is the only way to go. You would still be charged the extra $6 mo HD access fee for the ATSC tuner.
Do you know for sure about that? How about those of us who currently are paying the $10 or $15 with Voom fee for HD now? Would we be required to upgrade to a metal package to avoid the $6 HD access fee?

Grandude said:
Do you know for sure about that? How about those of us who currently are paying the $10 or $15 with Voom fee for HD now? Would we be required to upgrade to a metal package to avoid the $6 HD access fee?

If you have a VIP HD receiver and do not subscribe to one of the HD metal packages you WILL be charged the $6 a month HD enabling fee.

Scott Greczkowski said:
No from what I now know this means for those who don't want to take their owned 921 / 942 and trade it in for a leased 622 there will be a deal where you can trade your owned 921 / 942 for a 622 which you own instead of lease.

I am sure the price will be higher and there will probably be some sort of subscription requirement, but I know many folks would rather own their 622 then lease it.

Gee wiz! Here is a thought. If you can get more than $200 for a 942 on EBay, just sell it and buy a 622 at DishStore.net!

Hey Scott, have you considered being an ExpressVu reseller? Why not have DishStore.net give customers $200 for their 942s, and you make extra money selling them on EBay, or to the Canadians? No reason to let Dish get all of the action. There are opportunities to be made here, and there are plenty of customers that will take a deal like that! ;)

ExpressVu will not authorize Dish Network boxes on their system, in spite of the fact that everything about them is identical. Not sure about this, but I doubt that they allow companies outside Canada to resell their service.

Scott Greczkowski said:

I am currently leasing the 622. I have a 921 which I purchased. I would like to take advantage of the Equipment Return Credit( return the 921) and own a second 622. Is that possible? I would prefer to get it from DishStore if this offer materializes.

Regarding the lease versus own issue, if the receiver is the 2nd or greater, the lease fee is $6.00 versus additional receiver fee of $5.00. It would take me 351 months to break even if I paid $299 to lease or $649 (not including taxes or shipping) to own. Beyond the "owning it issue", what am I missing?

jsanders said:
Gee wiz! Here is a thought. If you can get more than $200 for a 942 on EBay, just sell it and buy a 622 at DishStore.net!

Hey Scott, have you considered being an ExpressVu reseller? Why not have DishStore.net give customers $200 for their 942s, and you make extra money selling them on EBay, or to the Canadians? No reason to let Dish get all of the action. There are opportunities to be made here, and there are plenty of customers that will take a deal like that! ;)

The way I see it, E* is setting the value of a 942 at $200 in credit.

Anyone who wants to sell a clear 942 for $200 CA$H PM me

Jordan

"Help a fellow Satellite freak out and let them know that they might want to wait to see what this deal is. Please spread the word on other forums!!!"

I will gladly help ALL of my fellow satellites to freak out! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)