Additional Receiver Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HammerHead001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
I have been thinking of adding another HD box (non-DVR)to my account. I currently have 3 HD DVR's. I was told to just go to Best Buy and pick 1 up for $99. I am fine with all of this.

What I am concerned about is that I am getting conflicting info on if there will be a monthly charge for this or not - even though I do own the additional box.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks,

you are still charged the $5 additional receiver fee

since you already have a DVR on the account, the $7 DVR fee applies to all DVR's on the account

Thanks for the reply!

That's what I was afraid of. I am currently charged $5 for 2 of my DVR's. The other is free. It was a deal I worked out when I signed up - It was what my cable company was offering at that time.

The $5/month charge is what everyone pays for each box they have except the first one. BTW, you won't own the box you get at Best Buy. The $99 is a lease fee.

If your contract is up, call up DirecTV, they'll send you one for $20.95, just got off the phone to get a second box.

Great idea - My contract still has a few months left though.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)