Additional subchannel for WNEP (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA market)

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
I was flipping through the channels tonight and was surprised to find that WNEP has added another subchannel, 16.3 (Justice TV) - didn't even need to rescan. That makes two for them while WYOU and WBRE have none. I wrote WBRE and WYOU a while ago and they said they don't plan to add any. They might want to consider changing that stance or be left behind by their competitor. ;)

I was flipping through the channels tonight and was surprised to find that WNEP has added another subchannel, 16.3 (Justice TV) - didn't even need to rescan.
most TV's will automatically update if there is a change in the PSIP

That makes two for them while WYOU and WBRE have none. I wrote WBRE and WYOU a while ago and they said they don't plan to add any. They might want to consider changing that stance or be left behind by their competitor. ;)
Nexstar is the owner. They do not add subchanels except in a rare occasion. Seems like when they take over a station they remove the sub when the contract comes up

Reactions: FTA4PA
most TV's will automatically update if there is a change in the PSIP
Good to know. :) We have so little experience with subchannels being added here. Believe that's the only other that's been added in quite a while. :(
Nexstar is the owner. They do not add subchanels except in a rare occasion. Seems like when they take over a station they remove the sub when the contract comes up
That's a rotten thing to do! :(

Good to know. :) We have so little experience with subchannels being added here. Believe that's the only other that's been added in quite a while. :(
Any change to the PSIP for a station (add, delete, change) **should** automatically update when you select the channel.

That's a rotten thing to do! :(
some owners dont want to add subchannels. Costs money to add them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts