adjusting C-band dish arc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
Ok, here's the thing.. I would like to try to get 55 west. When I move my dish to the east limit, I have a count of 4240, The eastern most sat I have currently setup is 83west. That resides at a count of 4550.
my setup goes approximately 25 counts per 2 degrees.
East limit gets me somewhere around 61 west.
BUT I have "tons" of room left on the west limit. C4 is the westernmost sat I have and from it to my west limit I have 250 counts or so leftover.

is there a way to sort of adjust the mount to get more of the left-over room from the west side over to the east side?

would it be loosening the actuator mount and re-positioning it?
I have a perfect 10 ready to mount and a primestar, but it's snowing today.. gonna be a while before I can get more poles sunk in the ground

thanks

would it be loosening the actuator mount and re-positioning it?
That is what I do. I retract the Arm to it's Physical Limit, loosen the Clamp and slide the Arm until I find my western Most C Band Sat (AMC 8 for me). Slide the Arm a little below that, 1/4" or so, so I am not "bumping" the Limit. Then Program the Sats driving East.
I get 55.5 to 139 with 24" Arm on 10' Unimesh.

thanks.. wonder if it would make any difference that whoever installed my setup did so backwards.
My dish is setup linear east instead of linear west.. but functionally should be the same thing to adjust it...
and I'm OOOOOH SO CLOSE ;-)

When adjusting the arm itself make sure you keep the proper geometry (angles) where it don't put undue stress on the arm.

Your Arm should be on the West side of the Dish.
Pushing to the East and Retracting to the West

I know.. the dish was there when I bought the house.. it's setup backwards. but works so I never bothered to change it. seems to track OK so I've left it alone.

think it would make _that_ much difference? aside from actuator wear? I mean will it track the arc better ?

I guess if I'm going to change which portion of the arc it tracks, I can check into setting it up properly at the same time. would be time to take the actuator apart and lube it up too.

It does not change the accuracy of the tracking, just how far West you can go.
Unless you have to get the Eastern Atlantic Sats, I would set it up the correct way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)