Adjustment Question On The Samsung Sir-Ts360

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JoeRoastbeef

Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
Hey Guy's,
Thank you for your help in choosing an HD receiver,it was a big help.However when on ebay people were sucking up these HD receivers like no tomorrow.LG,Sony and
some of the others you guys mentioned were untouchable.I did happen to nail a mint
Samsung SIR-TS360 at a great price.The unit works great and came with all the accessories.Have it setup now with the HD package from DirectTV.The Firmware it came with when new was 1.2.03 it's upgraded to 1.2.35.

Ok here is my problem.When I go to the installation menu go to the Sat Signal-Meter and try to choose the transponder with the strongest signal
the 360 will let me change it but when I back out of the menu,then go back in and look it sets the transponder back to what ever it wants.In other words my choices
don't stay locked in.I was thinking maybe it's automatic where it chooses the transponder with the strongest signal.But this is not the case.It sets itself on a fairly weak transponder and I get like 50 to 70% signal.And I have quite a few transponders with 100% signal.This goes with all three Sats.If I set it to a transponder with 100% signal it sets it back to a weak one.It just won't lock my
choice in.If you guy's have run into this problem or know how to set it let me know.
With my old RCA receiver it let me set it to any of the transponders.It seems so
stupid that I wondering if I'm doing something wrong.
Anyway as it is the unit and all it's other functions work great and I get a great
picture.But like you guy's I like to be able to tweak my system.If you have any ideas get back to me on this..........Thanks:confused:

On my RCA unit sometimes if a storm was comming and I started haveing problems
with signal,I switched to another transponder and sometimes would correct the problem.Being you get the same setting with this receiver I would think it would do the same thing.:confused:

The channel you are watching actually selects the transponder. Transponder 1 may deliver 9 channels of programming, transponder 2 may deliver 10 channels of programming. If you select HGTV as the channel you want to watch and it is one of the 10 channels on transponder 2 that will be the transponder displayed when you go to signal strength.

boba said:
The channel you are watching actually selects the transponder. Transponder 1 may deliver 9 channels of programming, transponder 2 may deliver 10 channels of programming. If you select HGTV as the channel you want to watch and it is one of the 10 channels on transponder 2 that will be the transponder displayed when you go to signal strength.

Ahhhh,
Now I understand how the transponders work.So when setting up the dish should I be on any cirtain channel or channels or that doesen't matter? I normally use channel 100 the DirectTV test channel and tweak the signal.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Speed Tv In Hd?

how good is the service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts