Advanced Receiver Service - HD $10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KraziJoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Anyone else getting hit with a $10 charge for HD channels? I assume that is what this is for. I also get Advanced Receiver Service - DVR $10.
And Whole Home DVR Service $3

Just looking to cut costs. Dropped to lowest Plan (Select) already and 4 TV's. Might just get rid of a couple boxes and stream the rest via Fire Stick etc to those TV's.
Or move to Spectrum for a year and do the same thing. Prices are just too out of control.

advanced receiver required fee if you have a genie
hd fee has always been there, i was lucky and got in under the free hd for life promo a while back

the have lumped these together on newer accounts into a single fee

Yes, my bill contains those charges as well. Kinda crazy that in 2018 it costs $10/month for HD. I guess I’m OK with that as it has not increased, unlike the price for the base packages. Seems to me like those go up much faster than inflation. Every time they go up, I drop down to a cheaper package — there’s a limit to how much TV is worth. Sadly, the alternatives are pretty much all the same (i.e. I’m not seeing any great “deals” out there, other than limited-time introductory offers).

That is the "old" billing style. After a certain point that I don't know, people started getting charged a generic "advanced receiver fee" instead of separate fees for "dvr" and "hd" and "multi room viewing" - it is a couple dollars cheaper to be on the old way (DVR $10 + HD $10 + MRV $3) than the "new" way (advanced receiver fee is $25) so it's best to leave it alone, in the long run. There have been promotions in the past to get free HD for life, as it's been mentioned, but it's been a long time since that's been a thing they hand out. I thought for sure AT&T would take it away from those of us who already have it but so far so good...

Yeah, I remember at one time getting "free HD" for a year -- I think this was right after they started the "free HD for life" promo to new customers. Once that promo expired, I was never able to get it again.

.....And then there are those of us newer customers who are on the "all included" plan. As far as I can see there are no separate charges for HD or DVR service although logically it is rolled into the programming plan.
I have planned if my budget gets really tight after the first year discount expires (last year before Medicare) I would try and drop to the Family Plan. I just did a search on my on-line account page for the secretive Family Plan and was able to bring up a page titled "Family Plan All Included". I hope that means I would get the locals and a few desirable national channels for $29 a month with no additional fees.

Anyone else getting hit with a $10 charge for HD channels? I assume that is what this is for. I also get Advanced Receiver Service - DVR $10.
And Whole Home DVR Service $3

Just looking to cut costs. Dropped to lowest Plan (Select) already and 4 TV's. Might just get rid of a couple boxes and stream the rest via Fire Stick etc to those TV's.
Or move to Spectrum for a year and do the same thing. Prices are just too out of control.

Be glad it’s $23. Everyone else is paying $25

even at $23 it was cheaper than what i was paying at dish, the 722 alone was $17

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)