Adventures in Dish Hunting 2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
Perforated birdview update #2

I have just go off the phone with the owner. I have talked her down to $100.00 apiece on the dishs she did say that if she finds the receiver boxs she wants $50 for them. She is going send me some pics of the other dish tomorrow.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I have just go off the phone with the owner. I have talked her down to $100.00 apiece on the dishs she did say that if she finds the receiver boxs she wants $50 for them. She is going send me some pics of the other dish tomorrow.

Tell her she can keep the original receivers. They are absolutely worthless except with the OEM LNB that comes on the dish and the original potentiometer that moves it. :)

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2006
you mean servo. the old 70 mhz systems are oldhat

No I mean potentiometer.

The Birdview dishes came from the factory with a Potentiometer on the worm gear for tracking where the dish was on the arc. Their original receivers did track the "pulses" with the Pot.

The Birdview OEM LNB/A or whatever it was was voltage controlled and had no need of a servo.

Techfizzle

Banned
Apr 18, 2008
did they make a voltage controlled servo for a chappral feed? something that I could hook a rg-6 to and it would controll it?

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
Tell her she can keep the original receivers. They are absolutely worthless except with the OEM LNB that comes on the dish and the original potentiometer that moves it. :)
If she does find the receivers I will want them to use to move and conntrol my offset birdview dish.

1captain

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 30, 2008
did they make a voltage controlled servo for a chappral feed? something that I could hook a rg-6 to and it would controll it?

Not that I know of but chaperral made a dual band ortho feed to fit that birdview scalar, an also a dual c-band ortho feed, the chaperral feeds where turn down smaller in size that would slip right into the orginal birdview scalar, an stop where machining ended, they where a perfect fit.

Now Cal Amp made a 1-wire controled lnb, which was their 1st atemp for a lnb-f, an alot of times that was used on birdview dish when they did a up grade receiver, but the Cal Amp lnb would not fit into the scalar ring, so that needed to be changed.

zaxxon

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 23, 2007
Dinwiddie VA USA
No Doubt, I have a 4DTV receiver and use a Chaparral Corotor II. I use a 13K C band LNB and a KU LNB, don't remember the temp on the KU.

Never had to replace the KU LNB but lightning has burned a couple of C band LNB's

I keep an extra C and KU LNB on hand just in case.

My dish mover, acuator, is going bad so I bought a new one, just waiting for warmer and dryer weather to install it. The old one will not move when the temp. is in the twenty's.

14karat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2005
Hernando, Mississippi

I'd go for one of them...
If you don't want them both, I'll race gabshere to Pocahontas... I think I'm a bit closer... :D :D :D

I better repent... my 'dish acquisitions' money is gone until March or April... ;)

Last edited:

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
I'd go for one of them...
If you don't want them both, I'll race gabshere to Pocahontas... I think I'm a bit closer...

I better repent... my 'dish acquisitions' money is gone until March or April...

lol well i'ld love to have a birdview or two , i'm still looking here and have located seven. I just have to track down the owners and talk em out of them :D

now if Lonewolf needs help moving or setup , i could probably do that. its much to wet for me to work on my dishes here :(

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2006
Finally at long last, I got my 6 foot Prodelin that I have waited over a year for. It came with a nice commercial non-penetrating mount and everything.

Here are the pics:

prodelin-side.jpg prodelin-back.jpg prodelin-on-trailer.jpg prodelin-on-porch.jpg prodelin-mount-on-trailer.jpg prodelin-mount-partial-setup.jpg

For those of you who haven't read, I am working on a project to get the entire Ku arc on fixed dishes.

This addition will certainly come in handy. :)

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Found this one yesterday, out in the country north of Tulsa. Still in use according to the misses of the house and probably true as I saw no pizza dishes around either.

Attachments

• DSC08565.JPG
    DSC08565.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC08566.JPG
    DSC08566.JPG
    521.2 KB · Views: 239
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts