Adventures in Dish Hunting 2017

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KC7NOA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2017
spokane wa
Found this 9' mesh .... no idea who made it.

It's on a some-what steep hill and looks like i might build a sled to winch up the hill. Im going to get it for free and i plan on getting it soon, but how exactly. Any one know how much it weighs ?

Any instructions on disassembling it or a manual would be great.View attachment 126181

Bty, im using the android app ... and at the bottom is a box to click to add a post script about the satellite guy's app ... if you allow it, the server will reject your post!!

Odd, I can't view your picture. When I click on it I get a message that I don't have permissions to view it.

If the dish is a 9' it's probably a Radio Shack dish. Good dish, some have a horizon to horizon mount, I have one here that I use daily.

One bad issue they had is the HH mount ones have a half moon shaped plastic gear that gets wiped out quick if it isn't assembled right. Other than that, real nice dish. I'll try looking again at your picture tomorrow and see if it'll load for me.

I have the manuals for the RS 9 posted up here somewhere, If it is that, I'll dig them up for you.

Yep .... found a thread for a 9 foot rat shack that was never used .... looks like what iv found ...

Om never stated if he had assembled it on the ground and put up or mounted tracker andthen added the ribs/screen. How heavy is it..? Etc

Bty, im using the android app ... and at the bottom is a box to click to add a post script about the satellite guy's app ... if you allow it, the server will reject your post!!
Unable to view the attachment. Posting photos doesn't work on the IOS app either. frustrating that smartphone and tablet photos are blocked by the tapatalk apps! Have to transfer photos to the PC then add to post.

20170510_131131.jpg
Ok , can do ....

Does look like a radioshack 9'

Last edited:
I don't know how heavy it is all together, mine was new in boxes when I got it and I put it up piece by piece. At a guess I would say maybe 150? I could be way off though, I'm not good at judging weight.

Mine works good with Ku.

Reactions: KC7NOA
Part problem, OM wants the actuator so eventually ill need another. Ill get some more pucs later tomorrow. Hopefully it is a H-H mount ....

Part problem, OM wants the actuator so eventually ill need another. Ill get some more pucs later tomorrow. Hopefully it is a H-H mount ....

If it is a HH mount and they want to keep anything off it, like the motor, try to talk them out of it. The HH motor isn't a standard motor that you can buy new, it would be hard to find a replacement.

If it's not the HH mount and has just a standard actuator, then that's not so bad. Why do they want to keep the actuator? Did they say? For a gate, or maybe to move solar panels?

If it is a HH mount and they want to keep anything off it, like the motor, try to talk them out of it. The HH motor isn't a standard motor that you can buy new, it would be hard to find a replacement.

If it's not the HH mount and has just a standard actuator, then that's not so bad. Why do they want to keep the actuator? Did they say? For a gate, or maybe to move solar panels?
No idea yet ....

Guess i need to see pictures of a H-H and regular polar mount....

Motor.JPG

Here's a picture of the HH mount motor on mine. I don't have a picture of a standard actuator handy, but I'll take one tomorrow if I get the time. Got a lot going on this weekend.

Found this not too far away, looks like an Andrews. Will have to take a trip with the truck I guess.

Attachments

• 10ftAndrews1.JPG
    10ftAndrews1.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 10ftAndrews2.JPG
    10ftAndrews2.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 261
That's where the difference is. The motor off my RS dish doesn't fit any of my other actuators. It could be I have oddball actuators, but it doesn't fit the three I have.

Reactions: bigg t
That's where the difference is. The motor off my RS dish doesn't fit any of my other actuators. It could be I have oddball actuators, but it doesn't fit the three I have.
Its not uncommon for the motor portion of an H-H to be bigger than its Polar equivalent. The motor on my Paraclypse H-H is a Von-Wiese and its twice as big on the one on a standard Von-Wiese 24 inch actuator. Its also twice as powerful. Its 1/10 Hp versus 1/19 hp.

Picked this up while i was looking for a C-BAND .... id like to know if theres a manual for it ... its kinda bent and missing something i think ...
20170520_144022.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)