Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
That advertising banner on the upper right of the page I know has been around for a good while but is aggravating as heck to the eye! I just visited DbsTalk while we were down a few minutes and wow. It sure loads pages fast. This was the first time even going over there in 3 years. Sure looks bland as well. I am way to happy here to leave. Just wanted to share my thoughts.:)

Without those guys we wouldnt be here. And also those guys are the best companies out there.

Believe it or not almost every day I get one or two companies looking to advertise here. The majority of them are fly by night companies or sell products of what I consider junk. I want only the best for our members and I consider our sponsors the cream of the crop. They are all companies you can trust and offer products of excellent quality and their customer service is amoung the best.

This place could be a goldmine if I wanted it to be, but I would rahter have quality sponsors who offer quality products and world class customer service. That means more to me then seeing how much money we can make. :)

That advertising banner on the upper right of the page I know has been around for a good while but is aggravating as heck to the eye! I just visited DbsTalk while we were down a few minutes and wow. It sure loads pages fast. This was the first time even going over there in 3 years. Sure looks bland as well. I am way to happy here to leave. Just wanted to share my thoughts.:)
If it really bothers you just use Firefox and AdBlockerPlus and you won't see it anymore. I read this post and I didn't even know what you were talking about until I loaded it up in IE (I use FF for 95% of my browsing.)

What banner ? And what are these "ads" people speak of ? :D

Hate that this always comes up when problems with advertising are brought up. People should want to contribute to do just that, not as a means to hide from things causing a poor user experience. That kind of attitude results in more people just using things like adblock instead and then nobody wins (neither advertiser or site operator).

That kind of attitude results in more people just using things like adblock instead and then nobody wins (neither advertiser or site operator).
As to how Adblock works, you'll get two different answers... Some will say the ad is still "served" but simply hidden from *me* or the user who's using AdBlock. If that's the case, Scott still gets credit. Others say it actually stops the ad from being served, which I don't believe happens. I'm not sure that a web browser can tell a web server "send this, but not that".

In the end, I can probably count on two hands the number of banner-type ads I've ever clicked on and I've been surfing the 'net since '95.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts