Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Greetings!
I'm one of the lucky ones who collected a couple of birdview dishes, and still do whenever possible. (Used to sell them at a dealer in the mid to late 1980's, learned the quality because of explaining it to customers!)

Running an original (high block) dual LNB to 4D wth subscriptions. Wanting to add FTA to the setup.

Realizing it's C-band only with present configuration, has anyone ever "added" Ku via retrofit to a birdview solid dish succesfully? Hate to mess with current feed when it works so nicely. Also concerned of how to feed the H and V from a dual feed BV dish to a single-input FTA receiver.

Skyvision used to carry a dual C/dual KU and an 'upgrade" kit for Birdview where the scalar plate was already adapted. Using their online lookup, I don't get any reference to Birdview anymore. Looking for advice on adapting a setup.

Could also consider installing SECONDARY Birdivew with a positioner (the kind that takes FTA receiver info and turns it to 36 volt) and finding a custom fit c/Ku for original BV scalar. I have multiple Scalar plates, so refit is not a problem. Would prefer to keep only one installed at present but.....(???)

Hope I haven't bored anyone, congrats to this site's owners, moderators and sponsors. Truly a polite and well-run informative board!

Thanks much!

Oh, my! Have you ever come to the right place! - :eek:

Just search on "Birdview" and you'll see many stories of refitting and modifying them.
And pictures... pictures of everything!
There's even a link in my signature showing how I got mine home.

Will do! Hoping to keep just one setup. (cuz I'm impatient when it comes to setting concrete and installing secondary full system)...not to mention this is wired to the RV shown in the picture.....and we allowed for ONE set of full BV cables and one single coax for FTA if we went with the "small" dish FTA setup.

Will be looking! (and proud of the ownership of a classic dish!)

thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)