GEOSATpro Advice for new MICRO HD

Using the invacom lnb, set to 10750. All other preprogrammed transponders are at S:45% Q:10% but s:eek: only for 12053 and this was always the transponder I used to am the dish.

Is there another trans. I should use instead?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not sure what to suggest as there seems to be several issues so far with the system. Connected to a circular output? Maybe the Invacom LO has drifted? Try another satellite or another active transponder first? Passing through the motor loop through? If do, bypass.

Did you confirm if the PLL is DOA?

I hate typing on the Ipad.. takes forever!

Unfortunately she's dead. I connected the Micro to all three LNBs directly...only while attached to the PLL the Micro's power light flashed.

My experience, when not adjusted properly, the SL should be 45% and the Q:10. All other transponders on AMC1 come in as 45:10 except for 12053 which is 0:0 which is what I dont get.

Going to try the other L input and see what gives..I might just swing it to 83W (usuals) and use the Luken trans to fine tune it.

Definetely been a weird day.

Cheers, K

Well am chucking this in the 'as long as it works' bin.

Get this. Pre-Fine tuning, all trans on AMC1 are S45% Q10$ except for 12053 (0%/0%). During fine tuning, 12053 shot up directly from 0%0% to 90%/75%

Cheers, K

Well that didnt last long. After properly aiming the dish and successfully scanning in 61w to 125w, I deleted the channel list, unselected all the Ku satellites... swapped the Invacom for the BSC621-2D LNB, selected 89 to 105W C band satellites and ran a multiple scan. Surprisingly without having to adjust/fine tune the LNB I got a few transponders come in....sweet!

4 hours later... I return to the man cave, power it the microHD and NADA! All she does is looping from on to off.

Fitting end to this horrible weekend.
:(
Cheers, K

Does it power cycle with the LNBF disconnected?

If so, what firmware version is installed? Was a factory reset and a disconnection from the power source done immediately after the firmware upgrade before set-up and scanning?

Sorry to hear K. So if you un-hook the coax at back I am assuming it stops the on-off thing in your case. ???
What firmware?

edit: I see Brian beat me to it..:) I left the screen up with out a refresh and came back a few mins later to respond..

She flashes green / red with the lnb connected and disconnected. I updated the firmware on Friday then the factory rested
and unplugged it for 10 seconds.

At first it would just flash red and red....ended up being to lnb. Now it stays green for about 5 seconds, goes red for 1 sec then back to green. On the screen the geost logo comes up for about 1 second before it runs back off again.

What firmware version was installed. Used the attached satellite/transponder list or load another .udf file?

The looping boot cycle has not been an issue since firmware version >0.12. So asking these questions to try a determine what events produced this.

I used the firmware from the stickie above... IIRC 2013/02/13 via USB. I then confirmed it via the receiver's information afterward.
I was scanning band father removing the ku satellites. Turned it on again a few hours later and it started to loop.

Golden question is..... Can this be salvaged?

Yes if you obtain a microHD recovery cable, and software free here on the site. ;)

Thanks for the info. However, am not purchasing a cable to fix this. I'll suck it up and put up w/ the S10.

Cheers, K

Kraven,

ke4est will be in contact with you and provide a TTL cable. No need for you to return to the s10! experience.

You will be up and running again in a few days... Thanks for your patience!

Kraven your cable is on its way!!! Keep us informed and let us know when you get it and Brain or myself will be more than happy to help!! :)

I also agree, it feels as though we all are a very large family! It's just people you can trust and rely on! Thank goodness there are people like this still around!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)